The Student Room Group

Maths and literacy planning Year 6

Please could someone help me?
I am about to become an NQT in a primary school, and have been offered a position in Year 6. I know the curriculum has changed, and I haven't got a clue about what it is exactly that I'm supposed to teach. Can anyone point me to a list that details exactly what I should be teaching, especially in maths! I'm so confused! Do I teach adding fractions, ratio etc? Do I teach letter writing? I'm so stressed by this. I thought I would be able to get some planning in place over half term, but everywhere I look tells me a different thing!
Thank you so much for any help x
The curriculum gives you the learning outcomes you need to reach in y6 for maths and English. Start there for some tips.
Tbh, I'm quite shocked at your unpreparedness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Tbh I'm quite shocked at your rudeness. I was employed for year 1 and was told about year 6 on Friday.
Original post by parkerposse
Tbh I'm quite shocked at your rudeness. I was employed for year 1 and was told about year 6 on Friday.

I really never meant to come across as rude, but sometimes I wonder what happens on teacher training, and if you're taught to use the curriculum.

Is it more than one-form entry? If so, ask the other teachers for advice because the whole year will be doing the same thing, or their current y6 teacher/precious y5 teacher.
Or go to your mentor. This is what they're for!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending