The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sop10
It was my school's decision. You get to choose whether you want to do them separately or together

Oh that's interesting. Have you applied yet? It may be worth dropping them an email just to see. I don't think you'd be straight up rejected though so don't worry.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Anyone applying for joint Philosophy and Psychology?
Original post by shields98
Anyone applying for joint Philosophy and Psychology?

I'm applying for straight Philosophy. I know it's not the same thing but perhaps we will receive a decision around the same time! Anyway, good luck :smile: which college have you applied to?
Original post by TTWNGCBC
I'm applying for straight Philosophy. I know it's not the same thing but perhaps we will receive a decision around the same time! Anyway, good luck :smile: which college have you applied to?

Yeah, my course is sent to the Philosophy admissions! Have you sent your UCAS through yet? Collingwood, you?
Is there any Scottish applicants here? If so, any doing Economics?
Original post by shields98
Yeah, my course is sent to the Philosophy admissions! Have you sent your UCAS through yet? Collingwood, you?

Sent mine in on the 6th! And I applied for University although apparently that one is majorly oversubscribed so my chances of getting in aren't great haha
Anyone applying for any modern languages?? I'm applying for French and Durham is my second choice (after Oxford, so basically my first choice :wink: )
Late to the party but I applied for Natural Sciences at Durham. I've heard they're really slow with offers so I'm just patiently waiting here lol
Original post by cakeislife
Anyone applying for any modern languages?? I'm applying for French and Durham is my second choice (after Oxford, so basically my first choice :wink: )

i feel the same way!! when people ask me what my first choice is between oxford and durham i say durham because oxford is a looong shot for me. i'm applying for combined hons in social sciences to durham, fingers crossed!! good luck with your application
Original post by skhuller
i feel the same way!! when people ask me what my first choice is between oxford and durham i say durham because oxford is a looong shot for me. i'm applying for combined hons in social sciences to durham, fingers crossed!! good luck with your application

Good luck to you too! Obvs I'd take Oxford in the highly unlikely event that they offered me a place, but at the same time I'd love to go to durham and probably have a slightly less stressful and still amazing time :tongue:

I am, for Spanish and ab-initio German :smile: seems like we're going to be waiting a while for Durham's response though :frown:
Reply 491
Anyone received Chemistry offers yet?
anyone else applying for politics?
Original post by nelizabeth_
I am, for Spanish and ab-initio German :smile: seems like we're going to be waiting a while for Durham's response though :frown:

That's what I thought :frown: what grades/predicted grades do you have? (ooh and which college? sorry, I'm nosey :tongue:)
That's what I thought :frown: what grades/predicted grades do you have? (ooh and which college? sorry, I'm nosey :tongue:)

I got AABC at AS, have AAA predictions and I've applied to St. Cuthbert's :smile: You? Don't think Durham is going to be my first choice though, I think I prefer Newcastle
Reply 495
Original post by abdulmohammad
anyone else applying for politics?

Yep! What college are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nelizabeth_
I got AABC at AS, have AAA predictions and I've applied to St. Cuthbert's :smile: You? Don't think Durham is going to be my first choice though, I think I prefer Newcastle

AAAB and A*AA predictions :smile: Hild and Bede

I haven't actually visited it yet...but should I get an offer I'll probably go because I love the collegiate system and all that
Has anyone applied for Cambridge as well? Bit nervous :smile:
Original post by owenj4
Yep! What college are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

cool! st. johns (durham isnt my first choice uni though) and you?
Reply 499
Original post by abdulmohammad
cool! st. johns (durham isnt my first choice uni though) and you?

Collingwood. Durham is my first choice though haha. What's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending