The Student Room Group

[Poll] Fish and Chips: Do you prefer Cod or Haddock?

Poll

Which fish do you choose for Fish & Chips?

As the title says, which one do you prefer?
Haddock. Love the crispyness with the chips. Thanks now I'm craving them. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muffingg
As the title says, which one do you prefer?

How about urself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neither. Tuna/salmon are much nicer.

What is it with taking a quality piece of fish and battering it? Completely ruins it. Only barbarians would do that.
Reply 4
Cod is the best
I can hardly tell the difference between the two.
Cod :drool:
Reply 7
Original post by SILVER_INK
How about urself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really know. Wherever I've had it, haddock has always been a bigger portion, so I usually go for haddock. Another reason being that I can't find haddock everywhere while cod & chips is everywhere. For these reasons, I prefer haddock. In terms of taste, I can't really tell the difference.
Original post by muffingg
I don't really know. Wherever I've had it, haddock has always been a bigger portion, so I usually go for haddock. Another reason being that I can't find haddock everywhere while cod & chips is everywhere. For these reasons, I prefer haddock. In terms of taste, I can't really tell the difference.

Im not too sure about the difference either. Your right about cod being everywhere. Even in fish fingers. Have you tried scampi and chips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Haddock, but that might be because the closest chippy that sells cod is a couple miles away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My home town fought wars for cod, so I'll vote for that.
Gotta be cod. It ain't proper fish and chips to me if it's haddock.
Reply 12
Both are nice. Generally cod, though, as it's cheaper in chippies near me.
If I'm getting something from the chippy I get battered sausage. I think the fish is usually quite bland.
I don't like chips, but there's not much difference between cod and haddock.
Apparently battered fish originates from France, they deep fried it in batter and then peeled all the batter off so they were left with delicately cooked fish.
If battered, cod. Salmon is the best fish otherwise though, the flavours :drool:
Original post by SirDigbyChicken
Apparently battered fish originates from France, they deep fried it in batter and then peeled all the batter off so they were left with delicately cooked fish.

Then I'm guessing they cooked it for the Brits and, us being the hard bastards we are, said "Nahhh mate, leave it on, we'll eat the lot".
I had a Saturday job in chip shop for over 2 years, and could never tell the difference.
Cod although both are nice and to be honest the way they make it is most important.

Quick Reply

Latest