The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

My favourite pro veganism quotation!

“As long as Man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings, he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.”
Pythagoras

Who agrees? When I see a meat eater, I can see savage backwards human beings who haven't left their caves yet. How can humans expect there to be world peace when we butcher each other, animals, and destroy our planet?

If everyone understood veganism, they would understand the importance of caring about all life, not just human life. Only then can we strive for world peace. Pythagoras was millennia ahead of his time. What a legend!

Scroll to see replies

Being kind to animals is a disease? Damn....
My favourite vegan quote is Theodor W. Adorno
“Auschwitz begins wherever someone looks at a slaughterhouse and thinks: they're only animals."
Adorno who said it was a jew himself!
I dont agree that veganism is a disease but i certainly dont agree with you categorising meat eaters with rapists and paedophiles either.
People are entitled to their opinion on what they eat and noone on either side of the argument should judge the other because each have their own reasons that the other side will never be able to understand while theyre on the other side.
True, most people do assume that because our ancestors eat meat we must have to yet decide that other aspects of their lives were wrong
Could i ask why youre vegan rather than vegetarian? I know there is still alit of ethical issies with alot of animal products but say for example free range eggs do you have any issue with them?
Original post by BekahMay
True, most people do assume that because our ancestors eat meat we must have to yet decide that other aspects of their lives were wrong
Could i ask why youre vegan rather than vegetarian? I know there is still alit of ethical issies with alot of animal products but say for example free range eggs do you have any issue with them?

oh god don't get him started on the chicken thing again
Lmao what a sad life that must be for you.
I didn't know you could be a professional vegan these days? They make a sport out of anything now...
Reply 8
If someone tried to stop me from eating meat i'll end them.
Original post by Odd socks
oh god don't get him started on the chicken thing again

Im guessimg he is against free range then :smile: my mistake sorry :P
Original post by BekahMay

This is my viewpoint as a vegan: Even if I had a neighbor who looked after chickens and loved them and didn't eat them, only used them for eggs, I STILL wouldn't buy eggs from them.
1. After being a vegan for ethical reasons, I discovered how healthy being veganism is. Eggs are full of cholesterol and fat - what person who cares about their health is going to eat them?
2. Eggs are essentially chicken menstruations - unfertilised waste. Thats enough to put me off.
3. Everyone owning backyard chickens and free-range farms isn't sustainable - its how we started before getting to factory farms - watch the documentary Cowspiracy to find out more about this.
Original post by daydreamer4life
This is my viewpoint as a vegan: Even if I had a neighbor who looked after chickens and loved them and didn't eat them, only used them for eggs, I STILL wouldn't buy eggs from them.
1. After being a vegan for ethical reasons, I discovered how healthy being veganism is. Eggs are full of cholesterol and fat - what person who cares about their health is going to eat them?
2. Eggs are essentially chicken menstruations - unfertilised waste. Thats enough to put me off.
3. Everyone owning backyard chickens and free-range farms isn't sustainable - its how we started before getting to factory farms - watch the documentary Cowspiracy to find out more about this.

Fair enough, I only really get confused when people accuse you of eating dead chicks since that makes no sense as its unfertile
Really didnt realise eggs were that unhealthy
My favourite quote is "If slaughterhouses were made out of glass, nobody would eat meat" something along those lines :smile:
Reply 13
I need to end you. We cant allow such stupidity the opportunity to breed
Original post by WoodyMKC
I didn't know you could be a professional vegan these days? They make a sport out of anything now...

Lots of my british friends support vegan rights/equality
Original post by saeed97
I need to end you. We cant allow such stupidity the opportunity to breed

Well he has a point, killing animals and cows being raped (animal cruelty in general) is just as immoral as all those immoral acts happening to humans, but apparently animals don't have any nerves and can't sense pain the way we do (!) so carry on eating meat!
Well, first of all you failed to even understand what the intention of my original post was, so that's one reason why...
Great to quote someone who was afraid of beans.
Yes that one, but I like my version better! :smile:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well he has a point, killing animals and cows being raped (animal cruelty in general) is just as immoral as all those immoral acts happening to humans, but apparently animals don't have any nerves and can't sense pain the way we do (!) so carry on eating meat!

wait wot

who rapes cows? :lolwut:

Latest

Trending

Trending