The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I forgot to complete the adversity form! 😣😣 It says on the email that a nil reply is equally as helpful as a reply does that mean ill still be considered or is a nil reply sending a blank form???
Reply 21
Original post by Bm19
I forgot to complete the adversity form! 😣😣 It says on the email that a nil reply is equally as helpful as a reply does that mean ill still be considered or is a nil reply sending a blank form???

I'm the exact same! But I think that a nil reply is basically them not getting a response from us... from what it says when I google it anyway :smile:
Original post by Bm19

I would imagine that they would just assume you had no adversities to be considered? So hopefully it wont matter. Maybe give them an email/call to say you didn't return it in time, and ask if it matters?
Dont worry, I'm sure lots of people wont return it if they have nothing to say so you are probably not alone :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by kayL
I'm the exact same! But I think that a nil reply is basically them not getting a response from us... from what it says when I google it anyway :smile:

Thank goodness i was worried for a while! Thanks for your help x
Reply 24
Original post by Bm19
Thank goodness i was worried for a while! Thanks for your help x

No problem. I hoping that it would make sense to understand it that way as they state a no reply is as equally as helpful as a reply so guessing one or the other type thing. I have just emailed them to ask to confirm this.
Reply 25
Original post by kayL
No problem. I hoping that it would make sense to understand it that way as they state a no reply is as equally as helpful as a reply so guessing one or the other type thing. I have just emailed them to ask to confirm this.

Okay, thats what i thought too. Let me know what they say?
I'm pretty sure that 'nil reply' means 'no, I don't have any disabilities or adversities' - but I think that's just so that they're not worried about chasing up candidates who haven't returned their forms but might actually need assistance. I very much doubt that it will prejudice anyone's application if you don't have a form, though!
Reply 27
Original post by Bm19
Okay, thats what i thought too. Let me know what they say?

Yeah will do! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by prospectivemed56
I'm pretty sure that 'nil reply' means 'no, I don't have any disabilities or adversities' - but I think that's just so that they're not worried about chasing up candidates who haven't returned their forms but might actually need assistance. I very much doubt that it will prejudice anyone's application if you don't have a form, though!

Thanks!
Omg, why have I only just found this thread?!? I'm also applying to Dundee this year guys!

Can I ask what everyone's stats are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by madmed16
Omg, why have I only just found this thread?!? I'm also applying to Dundee this year guys!

Can I ask what everyone's stats are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 5 As in my highers and im currently sitting 3 advanced highers and a crash higher. I also got a total score of 2590 in my UKCAT.
Original post by Bm19
I got 5 As in my highers and im currently sitting 3 advanced highers and a crash higher. I also got a total score of 2590 in my UKCAT.

Cool! 😁 well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Cool! 😁 well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How about you?
Original post by Bm19
How about you?

I'm a re-applicant so I'm on a gap year! I also got 5 A's in S5, 3 A's in S6, and 2850 for my UKCAT 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
anyone recieve a fee status email today?
Reply 35
I did, i was also asked by Edinburgh University to upload my sqa certificate if anyone here also applied there.
Original post by sk88
Original post by sk88

Yeah! 😁
Reply 37
Yeah! 😁

ah maybe everyone did haha I thought i was special :colondollar: maybe thought i may have an interview haha
Original post by sk88
ah maybe everyone did haha I thought i was special :colondollar: maybe thought i may have an interview haha

Haha, sorry!

Are you nervous for the (potential) interview?
Reply 39
Haha, sorry!

Are you nervous for the (potential) interview?

I am not so sure i will get one. I have a 2:1 and an Msc from Oxford but only 650 in my UKCAT. so i very skeptical!

Quick Reply

Latest