The Student Room Group

Nottingham medicine 2016

Anyone know the cut off scores for nottingham for med?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by flashvin

Last year it was 44 without the SJT points, as the SJT was declared void, Nobody knows what it will be for this year, yet.
I presume it will be higher as sjt points will be included this year, will a score of 47 this year be risky?
Reply 3
Hi ,
Was that 44 including the personal statement and reference score ?
Thanks
Original post by flashvin

Actually, I emailed the admissions people and they told me last years cutoff was 39 without sjt.

With the personal statement marked last years cutoff was 45
Original post by cookiemonster15
Actually, I emailed the admissions people and they told me last years cutoff was 39 without sjt.

With the personal statement marked last years cutoff was 45

So that means you could get 1 mark On your personal statement as long as you met the GCSE and UKCAT cut off?
Original post by mariapops
So that means you could get 1 mark On your personal statement as long as you met the GCSE and UKCAT cut off?

apparently so
Anyone got an interview yet?
Original post by DoctorPles
Anyone got an interview yet?

Our UKCAT results don't reach them till November so I assume they haven't even started looking at our applications yet.
I read something in the FAQs a few months back about there being a 71% weighting in the UKCAT of the academic score but this information is no longer on the website, does that mean that there's an equal weighting between GCSEs and UKCAT?
Original post by mariapops
I read something in the FAQs a few months back about there being a 71% weighting in the UKCAT of the academic score but this information is no longer on the website, does that mean that there's an equal weighting between GCSEs and UKCAT?

All is written here https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/documents/ugstudy-docs/a100-and-a108-scoring-system-2016-entry.pdf
Our UKCAT results don't reach them till November so I assume they haven't even started looking at our applications yet.

I think they have, I rang up the admissions office and the woman i spoke to said she was looking and applications right now. And in the confirmation email we all received the said they would let us know within the next month.
I think they have, I rang up the admissions office and the woman i spoke to said she was looking and applications right now. And in the confirmation email we all received the said they would let us know within the next month.

Oh, I heard that our UKCAT scores only get sent off the first week of November?
Oh, I heard that our UKCAT scores only get sent off the first week of November?

Maybe they've started scoring part of our UCAS forms already
Maybe they've started scoring part of our UCAS forms already

hmm maybe, that's kinda scary...
I'm a little confused with the scoring method. I phoned up the admissions office and they said the cut off last year was 36/55. I have a friend who applied last year and they rejected him for the reason that their cut off was 46/55 and he didn't meet it as he got 45.

I have a score of 47
Anyone heard anything else?
Original post by notyous
is it true that they reject people that get below average scores in one of the sections for the ukcat?

they score ukcat and gcses out of 55 then make a cut off for the years applicants. If you don't meet the cut off you get rejected.

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/documents/ugstudy-docs/a100-and-a108-scoring-system-2016-entry.pdf
I'm a little confused with the scoring method. I phoned up the admissions office and they said the cut off last year was 36/55. I have a friend who applied last year and they rejected him for the reason that their cut off was 46/55 and he didn't meet it as he got 45.

I have a score of 47
Anyone heard anything else?

I phoned them up and they said that their scoring process is in 2 stages. stage 1 is the GCSE and UKCAT, of which I'd score 47 too. Last year you had to get 39 to move on to stage 2 of scoring where they'd take the top 50% of those who pass that threshold to move on to stage 2 when they score your personal statement out of 16. Then after that, last year if you had over 45 as a total of stage 1 and stage 2, you'd be invited for interview. (Might be wrong but that's what I can make sense of at least!)
Does anyone know how applicants without gcse are compared to the others?
Anyone heard back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending