The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harrietw1
Haven't seen a very active forum on this so thought I'd start one, post below if you are applying to do history at Uni!

I am!!! Where have you applied??
Reply 81
Wondered if anyone who applied for single honours History at Queen Marys has had an offer yet? Only seen people get offers with history and another subject. Sent my UCAS about 2 weeks ago and 3/5 have replied so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by afern
Yay another IB kid!! I'm applying to Durham, Exeter, Edinburgh, Nottingham and Cardiff so three in common!

another Ib'er here... applied to Oxford, Exeter, Cardiff, Birmingham and Reading for History and French combined :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by mp2305
Wondered if anyone who applied for single honours History at Queen Marys has had an offer yet? Only seen people get offers with history and another subject. Sent my UCAS about 2 weeks ago and 3/5 have replied so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I literally just got an offer from QMUL about an hour ago! So I think they are still sending out offers...keep the faith! xxx
Reply 84
AS Results: AAAB
Predicted A2: Originally A*A*A but I asked for it to be brought down to A*AA cos I think its more realistic.
Applied: Cambridge (meh) Durham, LSE, King's and Queen Mary

I received offers from King's and Queen Mary, but has anyone heard from LSE?? I really wanna go there so I'm compulsively checking track....
Reply 85
I literally got one about an hour ago too that's spooky!! Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer from Exeter! I applied on 9th so you guys have an idea of how long you have to wait. Also it's A*AA :afraid:
Reply 87
I received an offer from Cardiff this morning! Great way to start the day :biggrin:
Hiya! Currently holding History offers from Manchester, Nottingham, Leeds and Newcastle, waiting on York St John's.

I have a quick question: I want to make Leeds (AAA) my firm but I'm struggling on my insurance. Nottingham have offered me AAB but St John's is BBC. I'm wondering which would be best to make my insurance as I don't want to risk it but I don't want to lose out either.

Any advice? thank you!
Original post by bethyvictoria
Hiya! Currently holding History offers from Manchester, Nottingham, Leeds and Newcastle, waiting on York St John's.

I have a quick question: I want to make Leeds (AAA) my firm but I'm struggling on my insurance. Nottingham have offered me AAB but St John's is BBC. I'm wondering which would be best to make my insurance as I don't want to risk it but I don't want to lose out either.

Any advice? thank you!

Realistically are you likely to get AAB or BBC? Personally I would pick the most realistic one, however, remember there is always Clearing and a uni like YSJ is very likely to have places :smile:
Original post by antigone-
Realistically are you likely to get AAB or BBC? Personally I would pick the most realistic one, however, remember there is always Clearing and a uni like YSJ is very likely to have places :smile:

Well in AS I got ABB with the B's being close to A's so what do you think? That's very true though :smile: thank you!
Well in AS I got ABB with the B's being close to A's so what do you think? That's very true though :smile: thank you!

I'd put AAB as my insurance personally but it's your call! :smile:
I'd put AAB as my insurance personally but it's your call! :smile:

I think I'm gonna talk to my teachers about it but thank you so much for your help! Have you had any offers yet?
I think I'm gonna talk to my teachers about it but thank you so much for your help! Have you had any offers yet?

3! York, QMUL and Essex, just waiting on Oxford and LSE :eek: Good luck :h:
3! York, QMUL and Essex, just waiting on Oxford and LSE :eek: Good luck :h:

That's brilliant! I hope it all goes well for you, thank you:smile:
Original post by empressbethie
Just got an offer from Exeter! I applied on 9th so you guys have an idea of how long you have to wait. Also it's A*AA :afraid:

Congratulations! I just got one too, same grades :smile: Where else have you applied?
Applied to Cambridge, Exeter, York, Sheffield and Durham on the 14th - I've got an offer from exeter with a year abroad today which I'm thrilled about! Anyone had any offers from anywhere else?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bethskyerobinson
Congratulations! I just got one too, same grades :smile: Where else have you applied?

Cambridge, York, Lancaster, Royal Holloway & Exeter :smile: So looks like we have a few mutual unis! Do you mind me asking your average ums score? Everyone on here seems to be on like 99% averages and it scares the hell out of me :eek:
Original post by empressbethie
Cambridge, York, Lancaster, Royal Holloway & Exeter :smile: So looks like we have a few mutual unis! Do you mind me asking your average ums score? Everyone on here seems to be on like 99% averages and it scares the hell out of me :eek:

Yes! which college did you apply to for Cambridge?
My average is around 90, with 98 in History and 94 in English (I did badly in biology so I'm resitting)
They say that 85 and above is preferable but I'm sure it doesn't make that much difference if you're a good applicant - what are yours?
I've applied in some places for (classical) Archaeology and Anicent History, which I'm really excited to study.

I've applied for St Andrews, Exeter, Cambridge (classics II), Newcastle and Warwick - the last two I've received conditionals from already, which is quite a confidence boost.

Are there any antiquity fans out there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending