The Student Room Group

Three police officers stole £30,000 after raid, court hears

DS Stephen Phillips, PC Philip Christopher Evans and PC Michael Stokes are accused of taking money from safe after executing search warrant

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/oct/27/three-south-wales-police-officers-stole-30000-after-raid-court-hears

Isnt this the type of bribes/corruption we apparently see in developing continents like Africa?

Has it come to our shores? :u: Cutting police pay was bound to have an effect.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bill_Gates
DS Stephen Phillips, PC Philip Christopher Evans and PC Michael Stokes are accused of taking money from safe after executing search warrant

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/oct/27/three-south-wales-police-officers-stole-30000-after-raid-court-hears

Isnt this the type of bribes/corruption we apparently see in developing countries like Africa?

the defendants deny the charges.
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
the defendants deny the charges.

they usually do, don't they?
they usually do, don't they?

it is not right to assume people are guilty just because they have been charged.
It has always happened, my dad is a ex cop, I remember a funny story he told me in the 70s they passed around like slabs of cannabis at a meeting telling people to smell it to know what to look for, by the time it got back to the front it was a tiny amount, but said it was encouraged to test it to know what people were like on drugs.

And the usual protection things, local shopkeepers giving free things like food and drink even takeaways so you would keep an extra eye out when covering them.

But the main things were money and gold items were always going missing often meaning trials had to be thrown out, dad and some of his friends left over the years due to corruption, and bullying is heavy in the police force.
Reply 5
Original post by the bear
it is not right to assume people are guilty just because they have been charged.

Will wait and see. They are apart of the "organised crime unit" after all.

Isnt this the type of bribes/corruption we apparently see in developing countries like Africa?

Accused of taking money. I'll wait until the trial has finished.

In other news, something unverifiable may or may not have happened somewhere......maybe.
Original post by drbluebox
It has always happened, my dad is a ex cop, I remember a funny story he told me in the 70s they passed around like slabs of cannabis at a meeting telling people to smell it to know what to look for, by the time it got back to the front it was a tiny amount, but said it was encouraged to test it to know what people were like on drugs.

And the usual protection things, local shopkeepers giving free things like food and drink even takeaways so you would keep an extra eye out when covering them.

But the main things were money and gold items were always going missing often meaning trials had to be thrown out, dad and some of his friends left over the years due to corruption, and bullying is heavy in the police force.

Are you saying that what happened 40 years ago is still happening?
Reply 8
Original post by MatureStudent36
Accused of taking money. I'll wait until the trial has finished.

In other news, something unverifiable may or may not have happened somewhere......maybe.

In other news the UK economy only grew 0.5% after messing around with the numbers for a couple of weeks :u:
In other news the UK economy only grew 0.5% after messing around with the numbers for a couple of weeks :u:

Where's that tripe dip recession you were so sure would happen?

You'll complain at 0.5%. More accurate data will come in and it'll be revised up next month and you'll keep quiet.

We're still here. Most of us are happy and content, and you're still posting rubbish.
Where's that tripe dip recession you were so sure would happen?

You'll complain at 0.5%. More accurate data will come in and it'll be revised up next month and you'll keep quiet.

We're still here. Most of us are happy and content, and you're still posting rubbish.

Right. You wish you had my life "mature student".
Right. You wish you had my life "mature student".

Not at all.

I'm happy with how I am.

You seem to post a non stop stream of left wing (constantly negative even though factually data will always show the oppoosite of what you're saying) drivel.

Did we have a triple dip recession you said was going to happen even though there was no double dip recession.
Are you saying that what happened 40 years ago is still happening?

I never said the people who left all left 40 years ago only my dad had a example that happened 40 years ago.

Some of these were in the last 5-10 years.
developing countries like Africa?

Countries like Africa?

Africa isn't a country. Do you need a map?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending