The Student Room Group

Arsenal will win the league this season

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sammydemon
Sheffield Wednesday

How many of the outfield players playing tonight will start more than 5 games for Arsenal in the league this season?

Chelsea got spanked by Bradford at home last season and won the league at canter.
Not when the "most injured" Arsenal XI are listed as being out for more than a year on average
Original post by sr90
How many of the outfield players playing tonight will start more than 5 games for Arsenal in the league this season?

Chelsea got spanked by Bradford at home last season and won the league at canter.

I thought the likes of Mertersacker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Giroud and Cech were regular starters?

If you want to see a real second team in play look at Leicester's lineup tonight (ignoring the subs).
Original post by Sammydemon
I thought the likes of Mertersacker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Giroud and Cech were regular starters?

If you want to see a real second team in play look at Leicester's lineup tonight (ignoring the subs).

one played 3 minutes, the other 15.

So our backup striker and second best CB+ 1st choice GK. and 8 hopeless reserves/kids
I'm not even an Arsenal fan, but the sun looks brighter for them this year.
The only problem I have with Arsenal, is they consistently have a great squad, but they're quite inconsistent. They lost against everyone except Bayern in CL. If that's consistently for you...
For them, it looks bright but do they want to hold on? The clubs managers don't care too much for winning the EPL, they just want a top 4 place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xWanderlustx
I'm not even an Arsenal fan, but the sun looks brighter for them this year.
The only problem I have with Arsenal, is they consistently have a great squad, but they're quite inconsistent. They lost against everyone except Bayern in CL. If that's consistently for you...
For them, it looks bright but do they want to hold on? The clubs managers don't care too much for winning the EPL, they just want a top 4 place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arsenal will win the pl.why bring the champions league into it?
Original post by Louis.
They'll choke as they always do. But I'm not writing them off because everyone else is so ****ing **** right now and they might choke harder than Arsenal.

City favourites though.

City are also chokers mate. Don't forget how they won their PL in 11/12 and 13/14: in 11/12 City choked whilst it got tough and it took Utd messing up a 8 point lead for them to win it, just about. 13/14 they had to rely on 3 other teams (Liverpool; Chelsea, Arsenal) bottling it until they won it, they just came in at the end and snatched it.

Arsenal can win it this year imo but yes, City are favourites for sure.
I think Arsenal will win it as well tbh but I been saying that for ages if Chelsea didn't win it.
Good vibe about Arsenal this season.

Top goalkeeper,
Top defence,
25+ goal a season forward
Elite playmaker in Oezil

For me the key to Arsenal's title challenge is the form of Oezil, if he continues the way he is now then he will deliver the PL for Arsenal imo. Also on course to set the record for most assists in a single season, hope he wins POTY and Wenger wins MOTY, they deserve it.
Reply 29
Usual collapse is bound to happen.
Original post by sr90

Yep and don't forget that United got spanked 4-0 by West Ham when they won the league in 10/11. COC games are virtually irrelevant to PL discussion.
Original post by ASTK98
Good vibe about Arsenal this season.

Top goalkeeper,
Top defence,
25+ goal a season forward
Elite playmaker in Oezil

For me the key to Arsenal's title challenge is the form of Oezil, if he continues the way he is now then he will deliver the PL for Arsenal imo. Also on course to set the record for most assists in a single season, hope he wins POTY and Wenger wins MOTY, they deserve it.

Costa was on course to score 60 league goals at one point last season.

This 'Oezil' fella you speak of will go off the boil at some point, and when he does it'll be for 4-5 weeks
Original post by The Shed End
Costa was on course to score 60 league goals at one point last season.

This 'Oezil' fella you speak of will go off the boil at some point, and when he does it'll be for 4-5 weeks

You have Fabregas in your DP and you have the cheek to talk about Oezil's consistency haha. I watched Cesc season in season out at Arsenal, and he disappeared after Christmas. Even did it last season. Either way I'm not really bothered because you're clearly a hipster lol
Original post by ASTK98
You have Fabregas in your DP and you have the cheek to talk about Oezil's consistency haha. I watched Cesc season in season out at Arsenal, and he disappeared after Christmas. Even did it last season. Either way I'm not really bothered because you're clearly a hipster lol

Yes. You're right. I'm a hipster for liking the biggest club in London.

You can't even spell someone's name that has 4 letters in it ffs

Are you talking about Oezil lol? Do you not know how umlaut's work or are you on the wind-up? The 'Oe' is a way of writing the Ö umlaut in his name, but it's not available on my keyboard. +1 for the effort tho.

Oh and btw.. The biggest club in London who have been relegated more times than they have won the league? Haha, give me a break. Chelsea are far from the biggest club in London, heck, you're not even the best one anymore. I hope you make the mistake of firing Jose, only downwards for you from there.
1. Man City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Leicester

Quote this.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
1. Man City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Leicester

Quote this.

Leicester are fooling people just like how Southampton fooled people into thinking they could finish 2nd last season, and ended up finishing 6th or something. They'll finish 7th, remember this. Liverpool are not finishing 3rd either.
not even doubtful tbh

sometimes you just know

double probably
Original post by ASTK98
Are you talking about Oezil lol? Do you not know how umlaut's work or are you on the wind-up? The 'Oe' is a way of writing the Ö umlaut in his name, but it's not available on my keyboard. +1 for the effort tho.

If you can't write it, then why did you just write it in that sentence? Or are you on the wind-up?
Original post by ASTK98
Oh and btw.. The biggest club in London who have been relegated more times than they have won the league? Haha, give me a break. Chelsea are far from the biggest club in London, heck, you're not even the best one anymore. I hope you make the mistake of firing Jose, only downwards for you from there.

Where's yours?

Quick Reply

Latest