The Student Room Group

Dating one of your best friends ex girlfriend?

Is this accpetable or no?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Talk to your best friend, see how they feel about it, and make a choice then.
That's such a sly move in my opinion, ask your friend

I just think it is so wrong tbh. I guess different people have different views but to me it's just...wrong.
Reply 4
I don't see why it would be unacceptable, I mean, he's not dating her anymore is he?

If I had an ex girlfriend, and one of my friends started dating them, I'd just be happy for them, your friend's being selfish if they start complaining about the fact that they used to date your current girlfriend.
Reply 5
Nah. Unless they broke up on good terms, I wouldn't do it..
Reply 6
Nope.

A few years ago, a friend of mine who fancied me didn't ask me out and actually stopped talking to me because I was his best friend's ex girl friend. I respect that dude, such a loyal friend :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
What if they were only together for like 1 month ish
Reply 8
Never ever, that's your best friend's ex. I'm sure that would be breaking a written code somewhere :/
Reply 9
Original post by kayleyyy
Never ever, that's your best friend's ex. I'm sure that would be breaking a written code somewhere :/

But I fancy her sooooooooooo sooooooooo much

100% unacceptable. You're most likely going to lose your best friend over it.
If my best friend knew about it and was okay with it, I don't see why not..
My best friend had a ONS with someone I dated, we didn't speak for about 6 months afterwards.

Wouldn't do it.
I really never get this
Id have no issue with my mates going out with any of my exes even if we didnt end on good terms
At the end of the day they might be right for eachother why should my not being right for them make a difference
I think id only hve issue if the ex had cheated but that would be for my friend not ok the principle that the person is my ex
(Im female btw)
I really never get this
Id have no issue with my mates going out with any of my exes even if we didnt end on good terms
At the end of the day they might be right for eachother why should my not being right for them make a difference
I think id only hve issue if the ex had cheated but that would be for my friend not ok the principle that the person is my ex
(Im female btw)

What if he cheated on her?
I think it's wrong, in a way against what I would see as my moral code, as it were.

Though not as bad as if it was your brother's ex girlfriend or wife. It did no good for Henry VIII or Ryan Giggs, for example.
Reply 16
Yeah I'd say it depends on the friend. My girlfriend now was with my best friend before but my best friend is the sort who doesn't give a **** in that regard. I mean even if he doesn't like it, it's not necessarily wrong, you just might not have a best friend anymore...
What if he cheated on her?

Thats what i mean, id only have an issue if there was a history of cheating but that wouldnt be a problem based on one being an ex and one being a friend it would be an issue that the ex is a cheater and in no way good enough for anyone nevermind a friend
Reply 18
ONLY if you talk to your friend about it and they're ok. they could possibly say it's fine just to be a good friend even though it would kill them inside though.

i think just don't ever go there.
Reply 19
An ex is an ex is an ex is an ex. They're an ex for a reason. It means they're out of their life for good. So why should the best friend have a say in it? Nothing wrong with it imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending