The Student Room Group

Dissertations

Who else is struggling with putting together their dissertation? That moment when you have all the facts and figures but you cant seem to find the right approach...
Reply 1
ive got the opposite problem. Mines all done and ready and im struggling to take it apart :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
How about forming a Reading Group with others completing their thesis project? You share parts of each other's work to read and feedback on; just like a peer-review ~:-)

A Reading Group enables enriching of Structure, argument, grammar, style formatting, other literature to incorporate, constraints and limitations to consider, alternative reasons for results etc..
I really can't be bothered to put together my MSc one :frown:
Why you struggling with approach?
Reply 4
Original post by psychtutormentor
How about forming a Reading Group with others completing their thesis project? You share parts of each other's work to read and feedback on; just like a peer-review ~:-)

A Reading Group enables enriching of Structure, argument, grammar, style formatting, other literature to incorporate, constraints and limitations to consider, alternative reasons for results etc..

Thanks, for that, can you recommend any good online forum for private students that u know where they discuss research papers, dissertations etc..
Hi again Frank, I just did a quick google search and the groups appear to be only for specific uni students.

So...let's create one! If your interested I can set up a Blab.im session (it's a free platform, like skype except more people can enter the room). Just the timing is a constraint, I am in Cairns Australia and the time now is 7.45am.

If you and friends decide to make a group, I have attached a resource specific to creating a Reading Group for thesis work.

Meanwhile, you can email me your Intro if you like. I can make time today or tomorrow to read over for an hour or so and give feedback (no charge of course). pm for my email
Reply 6
Original post by psychtutormentor
Hi again Frank, I just did a quick google search and the groups appear to be only for specific uni students.

So...let's create one! If your interested I can set up a Blab.im session (it's a free platform, like skype except more people can enter the room). Just the timing is a constraint, I am in Cairns Australia and the time now is 7.45am.

If you and friends decide to make a group, I have attached a resource specific to creating a Reading Group for thesis work.

Meanwhile, you can email me your Intro if you like. I can make time today or tomorrow to read over for an hour or so and give feedback (no charge of course). pm for my email

I am in Moldova now and the time is 1.09am in the night, i think time constraint will be a very big issue, however i welcome your idea. meanwhile as we create the group could you kindly refer me to some of those forums for the specific universities because i will need a wide array of information reference. thanks again
Yes I see the timing is not ideal for us ~:-)
Simply Google Frank 'Thesis Reading Group'

Original post by Frank87
I am in Moldova now and the time is 1.09am in the night, i think time constraint will be a very big issue, however i welcome your idea. meanwhile as we create the group could you kindly refer me to some of those forums for the specific universities because i will need a wide array of information reference. thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending