The Student Room Group

Year 13 - What do I do if I mess up my exams this year?

I'm in year 13, what will happen if I perform really badly in exams this year (retaking units 2 and ISAs on top of A2s), I'm under the impression I cannot retake a year due to the government changing the timing of a levels, so what would I do?
Sorry this is really badly worded so I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to day :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Do not perform really badly. Prepare well so that you perform well.
Reply 2
oh imma be watching THIS
Original post by z33
oh imma be watching THIS

So you relate to this :biggrin:
Original post by shawn_o1
Do not perform really badly. Prepare well so that you perform well.

Easier said than done haha seems like I did that last year and it didn't go as well.
Well I don't know about you but I will probably finding a bin bag to go live in!:redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well I don't know about you but I will probably finding a bin bag to go live in!:redface:

I will probably do the same hahaha
Reply 7
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
I'm in year 13, what will happen if I perform really badly in exams this year (retaking units 2 and ISAs on top of A2s), I'm under the impression I cannot retake a year due to the government changing the timing of a levels, so what would I do?
Sorry this is really badly worded so I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to day :smile:

We're pretty much screwed if we fail. I've already listed on my plan b to f lol :biggrin:
Reply 8
So you relate to this :biggrin:

yes i need to get my BTEC colouring place sORTED
Terrified, gonna watch this thread too :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will probably do the same hahaha

Original post by kkboyk
We're pretty much screwed if we fail. I've already listed on my plan b to f lol :biggrin:

We're all going to die...:redface:

I might decorate my bin bag though :smile: make it feel more cosy.
Reply 11
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
We're all going to die...:redface:

I might decorate my bin bag though :smile: make it feel more cosy.

Too bad, I'm immortal... kind of like phoenix, except I'm even hotter :colondollar:
oh my god

imagine if we end up having to start a levels again from year 12, if we have any hope to go to university

ok i'll just become a ticket inspector
you retake the year either privately or as a 3rd year at college. trust me, it all works out. i did average last year, was encouraged to go to a uni that i know was below my potential. resat the year and ended up at the university of sheffield. believe and you can achieve, dont let people put you down, academics arent everything, you can compensate via work experience, desire and commitment go a long way! the people that put you down will be the ones who you will overtake eventually!
Reply 14
Original post by annieprincess
oh my god

imagine if we end up having to start a levels again from year 12, if we have any hope to go to university

ok i'll just become a ticket inspector

Sixth forms do not allow anyone over the age of 19 to continue , so you'll have to go to a college that has no age restrictions.

Seeing as the current yr12 will not do their exams until the end of yr13, I'm guessing we would be allowed to retake (well not me, as I'll be 19).

Just give it everything you have got into your A levels so that you won't have any regrets when you open that envelope on 18th August 2016. :u:
Original post by kkboyk
Sixth forms do not allow anyone over the age of 19 to continue , so you'll have to go to a college that has no age restrictions.

Seeing as the current yr12 will not do their exams until the end of yr13, I'm guessing we would be allowed to retake (well not me, as I'll be 19).

really unfair, omg

what if the people who write the exams word a question vaguely like they always do? lololol okay failing isn't an option
Reply 17
Original post by annieprincess
really unfair, omg

what if the people who write the exams word a question vaguely like they always do? lololol okay failing isn't an option

The purpose of this reform seems to be in order to prevent people from retaking :frown:
Reply 18
My plan is to find a centre where I can do resits and then just ghost for a year and work, then try again tbh, which should be fine for maths and further maths at least as that isn't changing til 2017. I understand some courses are moving specs and grades etc, but I can still resit some AS modules despite the spec changing for the year below so fingers crossed I can do the same with A2, otherwise it is going to be a fast-track A-level.
Original post by kkboyk
The purpose of this reform seems to be in order to prevent people from retaking :frown:

That's really dumb, because people have different situations that may compromise their grade. And also, especially with essay based subjects, the marking is super subjective! What one person thinks is a B, the other may think is an A*. Also, with OCR losing papers, it doesn't help. (I'm sure my media paper was lost lol)

What they should do is set up exam dates for 2017 for retakes only, and that way, nobody loses out. It's unfair on our year in particular.

Quick Reply

Latest