The Student Room Group

MSc Economics

Hi all !!

I'm thinking of pursuing an MSc Economics next year and would be appreciated if anyone can recommend good universities in Economics apart from Oxford Cambridge LSE UCL Warwick(as all their requirements are too high for me).

Cheers ^_^
Reply 1
Manchester
Reply 2
Is there a particular field in Economics that you find interesting?
Reply 3
Original post by WokSz
Is there a particular field in Economics that you find interesting?

Nope just straight Economics 😊
Birmingham
Reply 5
Original post by Sammy2534
Nope just straight Economics 😊

Have a look at RHUL. Great place to study and the department has some impressive academics teaching there.
Imperial has quite a good course - although it's MSc Economics and Strategy for Business.

What's your background? I'm applying for an MSc Econ too.
Reply 7
Original post by EconomistJack
Imperial has quite a good course - although it's MSc Economics and Strategy for Business.

What's your background? I'm applying for an MSc Econ too.

Hi

I'm currently doing BA with Economics major at UQ (one of G8 Uni in Australia). I'm really interested in Imperial but unfortunately they only accept bachelor with honours (4 years) which I don't so I have to find any Uni that do accept 3-year degree.

Now I have offer from Nottingham & Bristol & Sheffield & Leeds & Lancaster and currently waiting for Durham & St.Andrews & Bath & Birmingham to respond.

Cheers 😀
Original post by Sammy2534
Hi

I'm currently doing BA with Economics major at UQ (one of G8 Uni in Australia). I'm really interested in Imperial but unfortunately they only accept bachelor with honours (4 years) which I don't so I have to find any Uni that do accept 3-year degree.

Now I have offer from Nottingham & Bristol & Sheffield & Leeds & Lancaster and currently waiting for Durham & St.Andrews & Bath & Birmingham to respond.

Cheers 😀

I'm not sure that's the case? ...at least I hope not as my previous course was only three years! You could email admissions and ask?

Well done with the offers! Why don't you try Warwick/UCL if those universities all let you in? They will still take a 2.1?
Reply 9
I'm not sure that's the case? ...at least I hope not as my previous course was only three years! You could email admissions and ask?

Well done with the offers! Why don't you try Warwick/UCL if those universities all let you in? They will still take a 2.1?

Yeah I already asked them and some of them were OK but some not (including UCL and Warwick). Glasgow and Southampton just rejected me (so weird as I know their normal requirements are lower than Nottingham and Bristol which I just got offer from).
Reply 10

Where are you from? There are some countries including Australia, Canada (I think) and SA where a number of UK unis require the fourth, honours, year on top of the 3-year undergrad bachelors, but it varies both by uni and country of origin. I presume you've checked the entrance requirements for people from your country to the unis you have applied to.
Original post by sj27
Where are you from? There are some countries including Australia, Canada (I think) and SA where a number of UK unis require the fourth, honours, year on top of the 3-year undergrad bachelors, but it varies both by uni and country of origin. I presume you've checked the entrance requirements for people from your country to the unis you have applied to.

I'm British, with a degree from a UK university!
Reply 12
I'm British, with a degree from a UK university!

Well then what are you worried about ?? As the person you responded to said, a bachelors with honours is required and that's what you get after 3 years in the UK...as you obviously know.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending