The Student Room Group

Meeting someone for a weekend, when you met them once for one night, and they're from

He is a nice well educated well mannered guy I met when travelling summer 2014. He's currently travelling in Europe and we're talking about him coming to stay with me for a weekend in a couple of weeks. Is it pointless to get to know someone better who lives so far away?
It's not pointless to meet and talk to someone if you enjoy their company and have a nice time with them. The opportunity has presented itself to you, you should go for it.
Original post by That 2Fase
It's not pointless to meet and talk to someone if you enjoy their company and have a nice time with them. The opportunity has presented itself to you, you should go for it.

I guess I'm worried it could be awkward too.
Original post by feloraa
I guess I'm worried it could be awkward too.

I see. Is there any reason why you're worried it could be awkward?
Original post by That 2Fase
I see. Is there any reason why you're worried it could be awkward?

Because we know each other from one evening. I dunno, I worry my conversation isn't that great sometimes.

I also hope my flatmates wouldn't mind a strange guy staying over, I'll have to ask them.
Original post by feloraa
Because we know each other from one evening. I dunno, I worry my conversation isn't that great sometimes.

I also hope my flatmates wouldn't mind a strange guy staying over, I'll have to ask them.

That's understandable. It's your decision in the end, if you don't feel comfortable with him coming over and staying with you, then that's fine. You said he's nice and well mannered so you two shouldn't have any trouble getting along, and who knows, you might have a great time. You could take him to some local attraction, perhaps a restaurant, park, shopping centre...it could be anything.

I don't think you have to worry too much about your conversational skills, it's more important to be polite and sincere. You'd have a lot to talk about because you hardly know each other, you could have a conversation about pretty much anything.

Anyway...it's up to you in the end. If you don't feel confident enough, if you don't feel comfortable, or if your housemates aren't open to the idea of him staying over, then you can always decide not to meet him. But I think you should go for it, you said he's nice and polite so it might turn out to be a good experience.
Dat title doe!

Makes no sense....
Original post by DanB1991
Dat title doe!

Makes no sense....

Haha, agreed! Sorry for any confusion!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending