The Student Room Group

Will Donald Trump be the next US President?

Poll

Will Donald Trump be the next US President?

It looks likely that the US election will be Hilary Clinton vs. Donald Trump so do you think he will be the next US President

Who will win?

Scroll to see replies

Can I pick neither of those. My personal guess is Sanders will win the democratic nomination and either Rubio or Carson for the Republican nomination
Reply 2
No. He's unlikely to get the nomination, even if he does he'd be very unlikely to win the general.
Reply 3
Clinton would beat Trump.

Money speaks though and I still think that it will end up being Clinton vs Bush with a close result.
I absolutely hate both those candidates.
I would hope for neither.

Bernie sanders for the win!
Short answer: No.
Long answer: ….still no.
Reply 7
Of course not. He's just the laughing stock.
Reply 8
America smells so i dont care.
I actually think Trump has a chance. Clinton's politics sound boring, uninspiring and very tired. Trump for all his flaws comes across as sensational, speaking on behalf of a lot of people and I guess when you have that kind of money and no fear of losing a job etc. you can say what you want. The man's popularity is down to his media/cult personality status. He knows how to communicate to the masses and come across as authoritative, inspiring, entertaining, charismatic etc. I just worry for someone like Clinton and the baggage she carries, Trump despite being a bum will show her up completely.

Furthermore whilst he was (imo) a great president, much like Blair and Bush, Clinton had his haters and many negatives hung over him and I fear these will somehow cast a shadow over Hillary Clinton should she get the nomination. It's something she can't escape and could ultimately cost her much how Jeb Bush might suffering as a result of his brother and father.

Sanders though not a huge fan of his policies is imo the best placed candidate to beat Trump or indeed the Republicans. Biden would have been shoe-in but sadly and understandably, he will never get that opportunity.
Opinion polls very much insinuate that the POTUS race will boil down to Sanders vs Trump. It's sad that economic politics in the US have come down to choosing one extreme or the other.
Reply 11
He consistently loses in polls showing who voters think the primary winner will be. He won't get the nomination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
He consistently loses in polls showing who voters think the primary winner will be. He won't get the nomination.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you kidding me, he is leading as the republicians favourite in every poll except in one state where ben carson comes first.
I believe he has a very strong chance of becoming the republican nominee but i dont think he can win the presidency.

Hillary needs to go aswell
#Berniesanders2016
We can't trust Americans...
Reply 14
Considering that Trump boasts not being bought by pacts like others, he is very friendly with Sheldon Adelson..

Israel first

He gives largely White Conservative Americans false hope but I don't believe he'll deliver on any of his promises

Prepare for disappointment that is all I have to say

I am hoping though that he isn't as easily influenced as Obama. He seemed to want peace with Russia and supported Russia taking out ISIS while Obama's administration is against that...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
I think I'll just write in Biden if I'm still in the US during elections (meaning I don't go to university in the UK), because Biden is a real person, unlike Darth Vader (who has been written in many times) and Sauron (who isn't really that bad as the leader of a nation if you overlook his moral standards). If I go to university in the UK and Donald Trump becomes president (or Hilary Clinton) and it messes with my ability to go to university in the UK: Hello, my dear British friends. Anyone want to help me figure out how become a British citizen?
Reply 16
Original post by LoveSandu
We can't trust Americans...

Although I'm an American... I somewhat agree. If the American public knew you could write in candidates, they'd probably write in some ridiculous celebrity. (this was meant to be sarcastic, though there is some true opinion behind it)
Today Trump was highlighting the fact that he has been endorsed by a convicted rapist. what a guy.
Vermin Supreme/Jimmy McMillan 2016
People who are saying it's unlikely that Trump will get the nomination: did you also say that he would be unlikely to sit at the top of pretty much all the polls for months on end?

He's really not that much crazier than the rest of the pack (on some matters less so), and he has the not being a politician and independently financed factors running in his favour.

It is hard to see him winning the presidency, though. From what I've seen, whilst he polls well amongst some republican voters, he has spectacular negative ratings from the electorate at large.

I hope Clinton doesn't win. She's such a weasel. Between the two of them, though, I think she probably would.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending