The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Didn't watch the game tonight, don't plan on watching the highlights.

This'll have 0 impact on our team, remember Chelsea lost to Bradford last year, and if I remember rightly Avram Grant's West Ham spanked Utd 4-0 or something like that in the Carling Cup, but Utd won the league that year.

Any news on Theo/Ox?
theo will be back for Swansea

very very thin for wingers with Ox out though. theo will have to go RW probs again
Original post by sr90
Sheffield United have been in League One for 5 seasons

Pls stop exposing my hilarious lack of knowledge below the PL.
Let's just get back to laughing at Arsenal and the weak excuses coming from their fans.
Scenes when Joel Campbell nets us the winner at the Allianz next week.
Original post by Zürich
theo will have to go RW probs again

Or Ramsey/Ozil :rolleyes:
Original post by angelfox
Scenes when Joel Campbell nets us the winner at the Allianz next week.

Scenes when Bayern beat you so hard, half of your players retire out of shame.
Original post by Lúcio
Scenes when Bayern beat you so hard, half of your players retire out of shame.

One goal Joel will save us.
Bayern will pulverise you in that Allianz Arena
One goal Joel will save us.

Yeah but you pissed them off....
Original post by Lúcio

Whose fault is that though and how can you use that as an excuse?
It's Wenger's choice to be complacent and cocky by playing a sub-par team. It's not like you were against a League 2 team.

Personally i feel like with your great PL form and you needing to win in the CL, one less distraction isn't the worst thing in the world. However the way you went out was pretty embarrassing.

You were expressing surprise at the fact that the same team could trash Man Utd and beat Bayern, and then lose to Sheffield Wednesday, and I was pointing out that it was not the same team.

Anyway, it's nobody's "fault" nor an excuse. Wenger played his reserves and youth, just like he always does in this cup (so not out of complacency or cockiness), and they failed to step up. No excuses necessary really. It's not exactly a big deal.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah but you pissed them off....

At least we can piss them off :wink:
At least we can piss them off :wink:

Who says we can't....you know in a few years :frown:

Original post by e aí rapaz
You were expressing surprise at the fact that the same team could trash Man Utd and beat Bayern, and then lose to Sheffield Wednesday, and I was pointing out that it was not the same team.

Anyway, it's nobody's "fault" nor an excuse. Wenger played his reserves and youth, just like he always does in this cup (so not out of complacency or cockiness), and they failed to step up. No excuses necessary really. It's not exactly a big deal.

I meant the same club, but fair enough.
In any case, you did play Cech, Mertesacker, Walcott, Giroud, AOC and Flamini who are all first team (bar the last two who still get a solid amount of minutes) so it's not like you didn't have enough quality in your side to beat a mid-tabled Championship club.

It is complacency though - although Chelsea were against better opposition, they did field a strong side.
Like i said, the manager chooses the team and he is therefore responsible for any losses. Like it or not, the League Cup is still silverware. You may have had a good PL start but by Christmas you could be out of both domestic cups and the CL.

But yeah, that wouldn't be a big deal right? As long as you get 4th it's okay.
(edited 8 years ago)
scenes when we beat bayern again, gonna have to keep 3 men on bellerin i think.
Arsenal fan thanking Alexi Sanchez in his University thesis - only a gooner.
****ing hell you know you're #obsessed when you're slagging another team off at 3am on a student forum.

Love everyone thinking Bayern will **** us up, it'll make it all the more enjoyable when we banter them out with a cheeky 1-0 win. Allianz is our 3rd home after all, not really fair we get effectively 2 home games against them....
Will be interesting to see how Campbell performs in the next two games
(I hear it is possible to play well in Europe without playing well domestically)
Original post by leinad2012
****ing hell you know you're #obsessed when you're slagging another team off at 3am on a student forum.

Love everyone thinking Bayern will **** us up, it'll make it all the more enjoyable when we banter them out with a cheeky 1-0 win. Allianz is our 3rd home after all, not really fair we get effectively 2 home games against them....

This will bang

Posted from TSR Mobile
What day is it today lads?
Original post by leinad2012

In fairness it was actually 02:53...

Can't wait for the quotes when we lose 5-0 and people think my post was serious.

Mind you I joked about Mert and kosc having lewandowski in their back pockets all game and that happened...

Latest