The Student Room Group

I've fallen for a married woman

I'm 22 and she's 28 and has two kids. We've just been talking as friends and I've recently found that I have really strong feelings for her and I like her so much that it pains me to see her with her husband but I don't want to tell her because I know that if I do it will make things weird and I will lose her forever. What should I do?
get away from her.

This is only going to end in heartbreak for you.
Nothing? Move on. She's married (for a reason), and you shouldn't try to split up a family it isn't good for anyone, especially her kids.
Reply 3
Scrap those feeelings man, youll ruin a marriage, change your thoughts
Reply 4
you should no to be a selfish, wish for her happiness
Reply 5
Original post by silverbolt
get away from her.

This is only going to end in heartbreak for you.

I feel like I already am being heartbroken but I just can't help how I feel and I don't want to be one of them people that is the result of a marriage ending.
For goodness' sake - can you hear yourself?? She's married with children!

Get over her quickly by any means possible - remove yourself from her company, find yourself a new woman to obsess over, but don't feed this crush any more.

Also, whilst you haven't told her how you feel, chances are she has already guessed, as in my experience, guys are not very good at hiding it when they have a crush.
This happened to me years ago... I was stupid and naive

Guess what? I ended up completely heartbroken -- do not do this to you, her or her family!
Original post by Plumstone
For goodness' sake - can you hear yourself?? She's married with children!

Get over her quickly by any means possible - remove yourself from her company, find yourself a new woman to obsess over, but don't feed this crush any more.

Also, whilst you haven't told her how you feel, chances are she has already guessed, as in my experience, guys are not very good at hiding it when they have a crush.

This

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Lambert87
This happened to me years ago... I was stupid and naive

Guess what? I ended up completely heartbroken -- do not do this to you, her or her family!

What did you do? I will not tell her how I feel because I do not want to make her feel awkward or put stress on her family because I am just not like that but my situation is driving me crazy. She's all I think about.
Original post by Anonymous
What did you do? I will not tell her how I feel because I do not want to make her feel awkward or put stress on her family because I am just not like that but my situation is driving me crazy. She's all I think about.

I told said person that I was in love with them, they also said the same and we started this whirlwind of an affair... After 7 months they would say I am leaving my other half and kids for you...! One day I had a text saying they want to be with their family and I never ever spoke to them again. It was gut wrenching and it took me a very long time to get over it all
Original post by Lambert87
I told said person that I was in love with them, they also said the same and we started this whirlwind of an affair... After 7 months they would say I am leaving my other half and kids for you...! One day I had a text saying they want to be with their family and I never ever spoke to them again. It was gut wrenching and it took me a very long time to get over it all

There is absolutely no way I am going to tell her how I feel obviously because she has kids and is married but I already feel heartbroken thinking about how we can't be together.
I feel like I already am being heartbroken but I just can't help how I feel and I don't want to be one of them people that is the result of a marriage ending.

Correct. Get out. Now.
I'm 22 and she's 28 and has two kids. We've just been talking as friends and I've recently found that I have really strong feelings for her and I like her so much that it pains me to see her with her husband but I don't want to tell her because I know that if I do it will make things weird and I will lose her forever. What should I do?

Move on ffs.
In what way do you imagine this panning out? At best she somehow ends up fooling around with you, she realises you're a man-child that doesn't understand her place in life, can't help support her kids, etc, and she leaves you and leaves a broken home, well done kids have no father.
At worst (best for everyone else) she doesn't see you at her level when it comes to life experience, she knows you're just some horny desperate young guy who can't provide anything but a constant unwelcome thorn in her marriage and family's life.

You're old enough you should realise how thoroughly inappropriate your feelings are, and I'd hope you have the strength of character and intellect to know to distance yourself from that scenario.

Stop hanging out with her, go find some other women (they ARE there and there's more than enough of them).

I seriously can't stand people who pine after someone in a relationship, it's such a beta thing to do (hate to use that term but ffs grow a pair).
A grown adult of even average appearance and reasonable intelligence should have the ability to find someone who isn't always occupied, and who knows better than to indulge themselves with the luxury of fancying someone they can never have anyway.

But whatever. Forget those facts, forget her feelings on the matter, or her husband.

Think of the children.

Think about the fact that right now you're pining after their mother, that you're resenting their own fathers membership of the family unit.

Grow up.
Their right to a stable family trumps your horny desperation.

Move on.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Move on ffs.
In what way do you imagine this panning out? At best she somehow ends up fooling around with you, she realises you're a man-child that doesn't understand her place in life, can't help support her kids, etc, and she leaves you and leaves a broken home, well done kids have no father.
At worst (best for everyone else) she doesn't see you at her level when it comes to life experience, she knows you're just some horny desperate young guy who can't provide anything but a constant unwelcome thorn in her marriage and family's life.

You're old enough you should realise how thoroughly inappropriate your feelings are, and I'd hope you have the strength of character and intellect to know to distance yourself from that scenario.

Stop hanging out with her, go find some other women (they ARE there and there's more than enough of them).

I seriously can't stand people who pine after someone in a relationship, it's such a beta thing to do (hate to use that term but ffs grow a pair).
A grown adult of even average appearance and reasonable intelligence should have the ability to find someone who isn't always occupied, and who knows better than to indulge themselves with the luxury of fancying someone they can never have anyway.

But whatever. Forget those facts, forget her feelings on the matter, or her husband.

Think of the children.

Think about the fact that right now you're pining after their mother, that you're resenting their own fathers membership of the family unit.

Grow up.
Their right to a stable family trumps your horny desperation.

Move on.

Well said, I couldn't agree more!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending