The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tabithawns
I recieved an offer from sheffield yesterday and I sent my application on the 15th october

Me too sent 15th received last night for Sheffield :smile:
Offer from Exeter this morning (36 points for IB)
So can they give offers during half term?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My head of year sent mine on Saturday- applied to Nottingham, Birmingham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Lincoln, slightly worried that people are getting offers from Liverpool already :/
Reply 24
I sent my UCAS off last thursday and today i recieved an offer from Kent uni!!
Original post by Paris16eme
I also have an offer from Sheffield for Law.
Which uni's have people applied to?
Has anyone heard back from LNAT uni's?

Hi! Just noticed that you received an offer from Sheffield - congratulations! Do you do an EPQ? If so, did they ask for AAA or AAB? Thank you!
Original post by SKDhaliwal
Hi, I was wondering what your offer was from Sheffield? I want it to be my security, and they say that they offer AAB if you get an A in your EPQ, otherwise it's AAA. I'm doing an EPQ and it would be ideal that if I was offered a place at Sheffield it was for AAB. However, I'm not sure if they still make a conditional offer of AAA regardless of whether you do an EPQ?

I am taking the Access course route and my offer is 30/45 credits at distinction, with the remaining 15 at merit which apparently equates to AAA. Just email them if you're wondering about anything they reply pretty quick :smile:
Original post by Paris16eme
I also have an offer from Sheffield for Law.
Which uni's have people applied to?
Has anyone heard back from LNAT uni's?

I also have an offer :smile:

Applied to UCL, KCL, Nottingham and Oxford too.

What about you? I live in Sheffield so would be most ideal to go there to be honest, and I did really like it on the open day.
Original post by james3254
I am taking the Access course route and my offer is 30/45 credits at distinction, with the remaining 15 at merit which apparently equates to AAA. Just email them if you're wondering about anything they reply pretty quick :smile:

Ah, thank you. I'll probably call in tomorrow. Well done on the offer!
Ah, thank you. I'll probably call in tomorrow. Well done on the offer!

No problem, and thanks :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by james3254
I also have an offer :smile:

Applied to UCL, KCL, Nottingham and Oxford too.

What about you? I live in Sheffield so would be most ideal to go there to be honest, and I did really like it on the open day.

Hey! Congrats on the offer :smile:
I applied to Oxford, KCL, Birmingham, Exeter and Sheffield.
What is Sheffield like as a city? I've never been there...
Reply 31
Hi! Just noticed that you received an offer from Sheffield - congratulations! Do you do an EPQ? If so, did they ask for AAA or AAB? Thank you!

Thanks!
Yes I take the EPQ. I applied for the French Law course, their offer was AAB or ABB if I get a B in the EPQ :smile:
Good luck! Where have you applied/thinking of applying?
Reply 32
Applied on the fourteenth to Oxford, Kings, City, Durham, and Edinburgh. Sat the LNAT in September. All are considering.

It's strange, City is the easiest to get into for me (in terms of admission requirements) and some people have been accepted to their law school already. Paranoid/100% certain I ****ed up somehow.

Waiting is the worst omg
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
That's great. :smile:

I've applied to Oxford, Nottingham, Bristol, and Warwick. Now I'm deciding between either Sheffield or Southampton. I did actually apply to Cardiff, because I thought AAA-AAB meant I could get either and still get in. Apparently that's not the case, so I'm going to have to switch it to either Sheffield or Southampton, because I need a uni that offers me AAB. How about you, other than Sheffield?

Ah right. I think both are good, with little difference between them. But Sheffield Law is probably more established than the Southampton law dept?
I applied to Oxford, KCL, Birmingham, Exeter and Sheffield
Applied to Warwick, Oxford, KCL, UCL and Nottingham on October 10th- got an offer from Warwick on the 21st of October and sat the LNAT on the 15th. Haven't heard from any other universities yet. 42 predicted in IB, but I'm worried about LNAT :/
Which college for Oxford? Ive applied to Harris Manchester (i'm 25) as its 21+ only :smile:

I've lived in Sheffield for about 5 years now, having originally moved just for a year to live with some friends who were at uni here. The fact i've ended up staying this long afterwards is testament to the appeal of the place. Although it feels relatively small in terms of a city centre - I did grow up near Manchester - that takes nothing away from it and there are still a wide range of social / nightlife destinations. Friendly, safe and literally 2 miles up the road and you're in the Peak District national park which is both enormous and beautiful. Would definitely recommend :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by ipodincluded
Applied to Warwick, Oxford, KCL, UCL and Nottingham on October 10th- got an offer from Warwick on the 21st of October and sat the LNAT on the 15th. Haven't heard from any other universities yet. 42 predicted in IB, but I'm worried about LNAT :/

I haven't heard back from my unis yet. Sent off my UCAS on the October 8... And I'm pretty sure my LNAT went down the hill... :frown:
I've applied to Liverpool, Southampton, Surrey, Sheffield and Birmingham, and I got two conditional offers from Surrey and from Sheffield!
Sheffield sent me one yesterday and I got Surrey's today!
Sent off my application Wednesday 22nd!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saule1116
I haven't heard back from my unis yet. Sent off my UCAS on the October 8... And I'm pretty sure my LNAT went down the hill... :frown:

Honestly, don't worry about it. I have a friend who got her offer for Law from Nottingham in early March or something like that, so it isn't uncommon to wait a while for an offer. As for your LNAT, universities have in the past given offers to people who haven't performed as well in them, because other elements of their application really impressed them. Don't stress too much about it - I haven't had any offers yet either.
Reply 39
I'm planning on sending my application off by the end of this week, applying to Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Essex & Nottingham Trent.

I'll be sitting the LNAT on December 16th - does that mean I won't hear from Birmingham for a while?

Latest

Trending

Trending