The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
This.

Haha!

How was the other night? Cole play well? Saw some tweet from The Sun saying he'd had a "nightmare" debut, then saw Mowbray's quotes and something from a Sky Blues fan on Twitter saying he'd actually played really well and was clearly trying too hard, in a weird way.

Mowbray's verdict was that he did a good job considering how little match time he has had in the last few years. He also said he was probably doing too much defensively, I guess because he was keen to do everything after a long time out.

He's played so little over the last few years it is bound to take a while for him to be at his best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it weird that I've actually been impressed with what Steve Evans has said/done in the few days he's been in charge?
Considering what I had to see about him when he first took the reigns, I'm pleasantly surprised
Original post by Mackay
Yeah, but you don't. You have Gary Madine. You let Le Fondre, and Gudjohnsen, go without replacement.

I can't see where the goals will come from to get you out of a scrap.

I'd welcome a change and see Lennon play someone like Clayton through the middle. I completely agree though, yet to say we're going down right now is a bit of an over reaction. We were in a worse position that this last year.
Any wigan fans ? If not how many do you think Wigan will bring tommorow to Bradford ? Last time we (Bradford) were there we took 4k.
Excellent win for Barnet away to Oxford today. Very happy.
Rumours of Becchio returning to Leeds on a short deal. I wouldn't say I'm excited, but blood flow to my penis is at an all time high.

Come home, sweet angel.
Top of the league, although Tonbridge have 4 games in hand. Exciting stuff.
Am I right in thinking we have an FCUM supporter on here? Chesterfield been drawn away to them, great tie, can't wait for it
Alright draw however I think the only TV tie will be Coverntry v Northampton
If it happened, the BBC would be all over Salford City vs FC United for obvious reasons
Original post by redleader1

I think the FCUM tie is a possibility. Almost certainly it won't be Barnet v Blackpool.
Original post by redleader1

The tie is ironic but it will be a poor game, I'd rather a smaller club get time on the TV instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joddcfc
Am I right in thinking we have an FCUM supporter on here? Chesterfield been drawn away to them, great tie, can't wait for it

Yep, reasonably happy with it too. A game I'm actually around for too, I'm all over the country at the moment but I'll be at Broadhurst for that.

Really pleased with Brentford's turn in form at the moment too, we've been excellent for three games now and Alan Judge is playing some wonderful football.
Original post by Jangrafess
Yep, reasonably happy with it too. A game I'm actually around for too, I'm all over the country at the moment but I'll be at Broadhurst for that.

Really pleased with Brentford's turn in form at the moment too, we've been excellent for three games now and Alan Judge is playing some wonderful football.

Looking like it could be a Monday night match unfortunately. Don't know if I'll be able to go due to school and the ticket allocation. Reckon we could easily take 1500 (maybe just 1000 for Monday TV) but only 500 tickets which is a shame so I'll have to hope I can get tickets if I can go. Will be weird playing our feeder team :wink:
Fantastic performance tonight to crush Arsenal! Very exciting times at Hillsborough.

Interesting to see their excuse is we played our youth team :tongue: I managed to dig this gem out - 'I see a Czech international, Two French internationals, three England internationals, German international world cup winner, Costa Rican international...'
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joddcfc
Looking like it could be a Monday night match unfortunately. Don't know if I'll be able to go due to school and the ticket allocation. Reckon we could easily take 1500 (maybe just 1000 for Monday TV) but only 500 tickets which is a shame so I'll have to hope I can get tickets if I can go. Will be weird playing our feeder team :wink:

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=6474

Good statement from the board regarding the decision to move it to a Monday night. We're also opposing the minimum £10 ticket price.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Fantastic performance tonight to crush Arsenal! Very exciting times at Hillsborough.

Interesting to see their excuse is we played our youth team :tongue: I managed to dig this gem out - 'I see a Czech international, Two French internationals, three England internationals, German international world cup winner, Costa Rican international...'

Actually Wenger said the opposite and that he played too many experienced players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jangrafess
http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_story.php?story_id=6474

Good statement from the board regarding the decision to move it to a Monday night. We're also opposing the minimum £10 ticket price.

Agreed, good to see a club at least trying to stick by its morals. It's wrong that the FA has the final say in kick off times for TV and no respect for the host club's wishes
Original post by Midlander
Actually Wenger said the opposite and that he played too many experienced players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed Wenger and even Merson were somewhat straight forward. I wasn't however referring to them but rather the response from the outraged Arsenal fans :tongue: or at least the ones voicing their opinions.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Indeed Wenger and even Merson were somewhat straight forward. I wasn't however referring to them but rather the response from the outraged Arsenal fans :tongue: or at least the ones voicing their opinions.

I think Arsenal intended to exit from the competition in order to focus on the league :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest