The Student Room Group

Is Fabric (London club) any good?

One of my best friends is down there and I am going to visit her and some other friends in a few months before Christmas.

We were actually thinking of going to Fabric as it is said to be one of the best clubs but I saw people say on another thread it wasn't so great?

I'm not much into electronic music but she is, but I have read on other sites the club is quite "classy," is it really? Some reviews on the other hand say the doormen staff are rude and violent etc.

@JD1lla
Reply 1
If you like taking ecstasy and dancing to great techno/house/DnB music Fabric is the place for you.
Clubbing can be classy if you get yourself a table and keep your lot on it http://www.fabriclondon.com/club/vip
I loved it, one of the better clubs in London.
Yeah definitely worth a visit if you haven't been before. I wouldn't call it classy though.
Original post by MrDystopia
I loved it, one of the better clubs in London.

Why? Moving to London soon gotta find places to go for nights out

De Chirico
Yeah definitely worth a visit if you haven't been before. I wouldn't call it classy though.

Why is it not "classy"/what are the classy places

I'm a bit emo but prefer made in chelsea type places lol
Original post by RiotGirll
Why? Moving to London soon gotta find places to go for nights out

Great music, the place was ridiculously large, the atmosphere was buzzing. Just made for a great night out. Haven't experienced anything like 'heavy handed' doorman and such. If you want any other recommendations let me know.
Great music, the place was ridiculously large, the atmosphere was buzzing. Just made for a great night out. Haven't experienced anything like 'heavy handed' doorman and such. If you want any other recommendations let me know.

Thanks.

I'm moving into a house full of girls so we would have no guys on nights out, apparently (from reading online) Fabric has loads of sleazy older guys preying on girls though?

Like OP I prefer "classier" places maybe not as big? :colondollar:
Thanks.

I'm moving into a house full of girls so we would have no guys on nights out, apparently (from reading online) Fabric has loads of sleazy older guys preying on girls though?

Like OP I prefer "classier" places maybe not as big? :colondollar:

There are definitely places you should avoid then. The immediate one that springs to mind is Coronet which is perhaps the grimmest place I've visited. If you want some smaller places, I can recommend places like Sway Bar, Roxy and Shaka Zulu. The last one is in Camden so you'll be surrounded by loads of other places to visit as well. Definitely would say it's classy.
If by 'classy' you mean 'extorionately expensive', then yes, very classy indeed. If you mean 'refined and sophisticated' then not so much. Fabric is a good club but it's massive and has a wide range of clientele, though most of them in my experience are foreigners, American tourists and Europeans. The bouncers are indeed violent, one of them rugby tackled me for no real reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
There are definitely places you should avoid then. The immediate one that springs to mind is Coronet which is perhaps the grimmest place I've visited. If you want some smaller places, I can recommend places like Sway Bar, Roxy and Shaka Zulu. The last one is in Camden so you'll be surrounded by loads of other places to visit as well. Definitely would say it's classy.

Camden has a lot of "alternative" people but I feel unsafe whenever I go there, will look though :smile:

@Copperknickers which places are "refined and sophisticated"?

Camden has a lot of "alternative" people but I feel unsafe whenever I go there, will look though :smile:

@Copperknickers which places are "refined and sophisticated"?

I don't really know, I never go to refined or sophisticated places myself. I imagine they are ten a penny in Chelsea and Hammersmith and places like that. But those places are also ridiculously expensive of course. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. Nowhere in London is entirely safe at night, but Camden is one place where taking reasonable precautions is still not always enough to avoid trouble. Shoreditch is another. That said there are some nice places in Shoreditch. if you can find them though I never did myself.
Original post by Copperknickers
I don't really know, I never go to refined or sophisticated places myself. I imagine they are ten a penny in Chelsea and Hammersmith and places like that. But those places are also ridiculously expensive of course. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. Nowhere in London is entirely safe at night, but Camden is one place where taking reasonable precautions is still not always enough to avoid trouble. Shoreditch is another. That said there are some nice places in Shoreditch. if you can find them though I never did myself.

I've got a good job lined up for London actually so will be spending more than I do down here :colondollar: How expensive is "ridiculously"? I might still not be able to afford actually

Yeah I heard hipster areas like Camden/Shoreditch are actually often unsafe besides being full of judgmental indie people :grumble:
I've got a good job lined up for London actually so will be spending more than I do down here :colondollar: How expensive is "ridiculously"? I might still not be able to afford actually

Yeah I heard hipster areas like Camden/Shoreditch are actually often unsafe besides being full of judgmental indie people :grumble:

Most people in Camden and Shoreditch these days are not real hipsters, the hipsters have moved to Haggerston and Brixton, or out of London entirely and down to Brighton. And ridiculously expensive is £30 to get into a club, and £100 spent on drinks on top of that, and that would be one of the more scuzzy places in Chelsea. That's from a male perspective, it would probably be different for girls.

Quick Reply

Latest