The Student Room Group

Has israel killed more muslims than the number of Jews and gymsies the Nazis did?

Scroll to see replies

Btw I also found this on the same website as the 11 million muslims thing the other user quoted deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict [number] 51,000 [since 1950] in all. Arabs make up roughly 35,000 of these dead and Jewish Israelis make up 16,000"
However, the book I recommended to you tells a different story about the numbers.
Original post by Ariel'sFork
Btw I also found this on the same website as the 11 million muslims thing the other user quoted deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict [number] 51,000 [since 1950] in all. Arabs make up roughly 35,000 of these dead and Jewish Israelis make up 16,000"
However, the book I recommended to you tells a different story about the numbers.

What does the book say then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skip_Snip
It's irrelevant, as the situations aren't relatable.

That is, unless the Jews and gyspies kept firing rockets first at the Nazis?

And hijacked planes, conducted suicide bombings etc
Israel are responsible for the wars in the region
Original post by DiddyDec

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably blames every death of every palestinian on Israel
Original post by iamthetruth
Israel are responsible for the wars in the region

Such as the Syrian civil war?

Israel have been overwhelmingly non-interventionist in that war (with the exceptions of targeted strikes on convoys of advanced weapons for Hamas/Hezbollah and giving medical care to injured rebel fighters near their borders). To blame Israel for the Syrian civil war would constitute ignorance of the highest order.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Such as the Syrian civil war?

Israel have been overwhelmingly non-interventionist in that war (with the exceptions of targeted strikes on convoys of advanced weapons for Hamas/Hezbollah and giving medical care to injured rebel fighters near their borders). To blame Israel for the Syrian civil war would constitute ignorance of the highest order.

[video="youtube;ZRlatDWqh0o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRlatDWqh0o[/video]

#IsraelExposed
What a ludicrous thread from the usual fascists.

Israel has killed about 15,000 Palestinians in the last 60 years. That's right, 15,000 in 6 decades. That obviously pales next to the Muslim-on-Muslim violence sweeping the Middle East at the moment.

When Israel bombs a Hamas rocket launch site in Israel, it's a war crime and protests immediately follow. When Al-Qaeda in Iraq bombed Shi'a mosques in Iraq in the 2000s, all we had was silence (and sometimes justifications)

It's bizarre that they would bring up this topic given it merely serves to underline how the violence of Muslims against other Muslims just this year dwarfs Israel's actions over 60 years.
Original post by iamthetruth
X

You are confused. He mentioned the Syrian Civil War, and you respond with a video about the Iraq War. Not incidentally, Ariel Sharon actually advised Bush not to invade Iraq.
Original post by BaconandSauce
LOL I must have done mine simply said 51000 (may have just been lazy and not read any further (which is highly probable))

But at least we answered the OP

That was showing the deaths in the Arab-Israeli wars (so that would be Egyptian soldiers, Jordanian soldiers etc in 48, 56. 67, 73 and 82).

The number of Palestinians who have been killed by Israeli forces in the last 60 years is about 15,000

It really puts into perspective the obsessive focus on Israel given that is the number of Muslims killed by other Muslims in about 3 months of the Syrian Civil War or a few months in Iraq in 2006.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SignFromDog
That was showing the deaths in the Arab-Israeli wars (so that would be Egyptian soldiers, Jordanian soldiers etc in 48, 56. 67, 73 and 82).

The number of Palestinians who have been killed by Israeli forces in the last 60 years is about 15,000

It really puts into perspective the obsessive focus on Israel given that is the number of Muslims killed by other Muslims in about 3 months of the Syrian Civil War or a few months in Iraq in 2006.

Christ the more we look at the figures the odder this looks

Original post by thunder_chunky
This.

The Jews in slums and cocentration camps tried to fight back too. They called them terrorists too. Ironically, they also attempted to use tunnels similar to those from Palestine.

Nowhere near as many. I wouldn't put Israel anywhere near Nazi Germany on the evil scale. That was a full-blown ethnic cleansing on a massive scale. It seems crazy today to think people are evil enough to want to exterminate people based on their ethnicity/beliefs that aren't even that radical, but then again you see the hate towards Muslims now and realise that we haven't progressed all that far.

Having said that, they are definitely taking advantage of post-WW2 sympathy (which is completely understandable initially but to persecute others in the name of your ancestors' suffering is sickening). and the current anti-Muslim rhetoric that the endless keyboard crew abide to, who haven't left the UK/read anything diverse and don't realise how lucky they have it, yet don't achieve anything from their positions of immense fortune. They are also in a very fortunate position diplomatically of having American right wing on call. A major reason America were so willing to dabble in Arab affairs, most namely the illegal war on Iraq. International law is just unenforceable.

You're deluded or cynical if you think you wouldn't try to fire rockets into Israel in the same situation when your homes are taken away, you have no freedom of movement and have ancestors killed/kicked out of home overnight by Israel. It' can only be likened to scratching your coffin if you've been buried alive. Combine that with the limited education, poverty and anger must just resonate.
Original post by ZolaCFC25
That was a full-blown ethnic cleansing on a massive scale. It seems crazy today to think people are evil enough to want to exterminate people based on their ethnicity/beliefs that aren't even that radical, but then again you see the hate towards Muslims now and realise that we haven't progressed all that far.

ISIS says hello.
Original post by DiddyDec

Posted from TSR Mobile

It talks about millions of Palestinians being tortured, killed and forced out of their homes. The numbers I remember were definitely bigger than some of the ones on this thread, I recommend the book to everyone though, it's great for History lovers :smile:

What do you expect an occupied nation to do. Be peaceful?

Note OP is being ridiculous the holocaust was thought out killing over a long period of time, Israel most likely hasn't killed the same number and the timescales are completely different.
Christ the more we look at the figures the odder this looks

Indeed. It's bizarre they would bring it up given it shows precisely the opposite of what they thought it would. Then again, many Israel haters are genuinely delusional when it comes to the historical facts so they wouldn't have known not to bring it up
Original post by United1892
Israel most likely hasn't killed the same number

:biggrin:

15000 vs 5-6000000

During the same time scale muslims have killed 11000000 other muslims
Original post by SignFromDog
Indeed. It's bizarre they would bring it up given it shows precisely the opposite of what they thought it would. Then again, many Israel haters are genuinely delusional when it comes to the historical facts so they wouldn't have known not to bring it up

to be fair to the OP I do think this was a genuine question and given the hysterical way some are over this I can see why some would thin them comparable

But as we have shown the reality is somewhat different
:biggrin:

15000 vs 5-6000000

During the same time scale muslims have killed 11000000 other muslims

To be fair I severly doubted it had just wasn't sure on the figures. Israel is incomparable to the nazis.
ISIS says hello.

The American far right says hello. Both are scumbags.

And there's a reason collective punishment is a war crime. Hence, don't paint every one with same brush.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending