The Student Room Group

Mice are so cute

Seriously, how can people find them scary?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because they're synonymous with rats, which in turn are synonymous with unpleasantness.

My cat brings home loads of those. With their heads ripped off.
rodents FTW :biggrin:

here is a present for you :
:h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Davalla
Because they're synonymous with rats, which in turn are synonymous with unpleasantness.

My cat brings home loads of those. With their heads ripped off.

Mice are not rats, they are two distinct species which just happen to look similar and both thrive off conditions created by humans. Even rats are nice, the domesticated ones are clean, friendly and empathetic.
Reply 4
It's the tail :s-smilie:
Original post by CoolCavy
rodents FTW :biggrin:

Spoiler

It's more the fact that they are associated with disease and producing rapidly which is why they're disliked and feared. Some mice are cute.
Original post by alexp98
It's the tail :s-smilie:

What about the tail? It's just a tail.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
It's more the fact that they are associated with disease and producing rapidly which is why they're disliked and feared. Some mice are cute.

Yes, wild ones, but being scared of the domesticated ones? LOLWUT. It's like being scared of moths.
Original post by REMLewis

Spoiler

hehe yeah, i'm just cutting down on TSR but i'm still floating about :h:
It scares the **** out of me... not sure why. I'm not scared of snakes, spiders or anything apart from Rats and Mice. I would literally cry if i ever found one of them in my house. It's one of the reasons why I would never have a guinea pig either because they just remind me of bigger rats, despite being so different.
*throws up all over myself*
Original post by TheTruthTeller

They're not cute when they nest in your home uninvited and destroy and piss and **** on everything in sight.
Original post by alexp98
It scares the **** out of me... not sure why. I'm not scared of snakes, spiders or anything apart from Rats and Mice. I would literally cry if i ever found one of them in my house. It's one of the reasons why I would never have a guinea pig either because they just remind me of bigger rats, despite being so different.

But, why? Snakes and spiders have far more potential to be dangerous to you than a little furry defenceless mammal. Think about it, snakes and spiders can both be venomous and they are both quick to strike. Even here in the UK we have venomous snakes. But a mouse is 1000x more scared of you than you are of it and unless you pick it up barehanded it can't hurt you.
Original post by King Mal
They're not cute when they nest in your home uninvited and destroy and piss and **** on everything in sight.

We had some field mice in our house once, they weren't so bad from what I remember.
Ok. The ones I have had are demons.
Ok. The ones I have had are demons.

Probably. I'm not even talking about wild mice anyway I'm talking about domestic mice like the one in the picture. Are you scared of it? If so, why?
As I said, the ones that have infested places I've lived are demons. They get in your ****, poo everywhere, won't let you sleep, jump and leap suddenly, and they are unsightly as well.
I'm indian so automatically love snakes, have held lots of poisonous ones before. But rats and mice, no...
As I said, the ones that have infested places I've lived are demons. They get in your ****, poo everywhere, won't let you sleep, jump and leap suddenly, and they are unsightly as well.

But wild mice are different from domestic mice which are a lot cleaner.

Quick Reply

Latest