The Student Room Group

Should I strudy Bsc in Biotechnology?

Hello,

Im thinking of studying a bachelor in Biotechnology, since Im interested in it (mostly in the agricultural and industrial part of it) and because I think it is a highly growing area. Im currently coursing my last year of Bsc International Business in Maastricht (Netherlands) so I already know what it is to study in university. Where in Europe is the best place to study, giving that I have average grades. Im Spanish but I had my A-levels in Germany with a 3 as my average grade. How do you translate that in A-levels? What are my possibilities in England? What is to be expected of this course?

Help in this question would be highly appreciated. Im awaiting your responses.
Original post by RockTheSence
Hello,

Im thinking of studying a bachelor in Biotechnology, since Im interested in it (mostly in the agricultural and industrial part of it) and because I think it is a highly growing area. Im currently coursing my last year of Bsc International Business in Maastricht (Netherlands) so I already know what it is to study in university. Where in Europe is the best place to study, giving that I have average grades. Im Spanish but I had my A-levels in Germany with a 3 as my average grade. How do you translate that in A-levels? What are my possibilities in England? What is to be expected of this course?

Help in this question would be highly appreciated. Im awaiting your responses.

I don't think studying a Bsc in Biotechnology is the best choice. It means you would have to go through another 3 years of your life to get to the same position you are in now.

If you're strongly motivated to study and pursue a career in Biotechnology, you should look at studying a masters course (1-year postgraduate course). That was you'll get a good understanding and it won't be as expensive as living abroad for only a year.

I'm unsure about A-level comparisons. I've also moved this thread to an appropriate forum where hopefully you'll get more responses :smile:
Hey Eloades,

thanks for the answer. Actually, I dont really care of studying 3 more years if then I can work as a biotechnologist. And I dont know if they let you study a master in biotech if you havent studied a bachelor in a similar field. Even more, I dont know if with only a master in biotech you would be really working in a lab.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending