The Student Room Group

Met a guy much older than me

So I met online this guy who is 25 and studying for a chemistry PhD at Uni. I really like him, and we both want to be in a relationship, but I am only 16 and am still doing my AS levels...He doesn't live too far away, so we have planned to meet up next weekend. Shall I go ahead with it? I am a virgin and he has made it clear that he wants to have sex. I trust that he is who he says he is, but am worried that he will take advantage, and the age gap will make it awkward. Plus, my parents will not be happy, so will have to hide the relationship from them, which might be tricky :/ Help please
lol wtf no.
I would say no. But then again it's up to you
Chilllld you need to keep your ass at home!!
he's most likely looking for a fling
Any point in being in a relationship that you have to hide? Will be draining but its up to you.
Reply 6
Oh no. Darling no no no no.
Whoah , you trust who he is? Da*** , if you have never meet him before don't casually say stuff like that. I would highly advise against this , if you do decide to meet , do so in a very public place.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Whoah , you trust who he is? Da*** , if you have never meet him before don't casually say stuff like that. I would highly advise against this , if you do decide to meet , do so in a very public place.

Possibly take a friend too. Preferably a guy may be for more protection just in case
Reply 9
yeah it no problem. this 75 year old guy (he made a mistake btw when he said 25, dont worry) will ask to meet you in a dark alleyway (dont worry about this, its just he is claustrophobic in public). He will be holding a taser (dont worry, its just to zap flies). His van doesnt have any windows (it distracts him when he drives). When you get to his place you willl hear screams from his basement (dont worry just the tv!) He will make you a drink and put something in it (dont worry just sugar). You will probably feel tired after that.
Anyway enjoy!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jlsmpV2
yeah it no problem. this 75 year old guy (he made a mistake btw when he said 25, dont worry) will ask to meet you in a dark alleyway (dont worry about this, its just he is claustrophobic in public). He will be holding a taser (dont worry, its just to zap flies). His van doesnt have any windows (it distracts him when he drives). When you get to his place you willl hear screams from his basement (dont worry just the tv!) He will make you a drink and put something in it (dont worry just sugar). You will probably feel tired after that.
Anyway enjoy!

Jesus !

In all seriousness though, I'm not familiar with British laws, isn't that illegal ?
No. The gap seems too much, and I'd question why a 25 year old wants to have sex with a sixteen year old. A whole lot of things just don't sit right with that one.
Reply 12
Original post by tamara98
Jesus !

She sure will need him after this meet up if it goes ahead
Original post by jlsmpV2
She sure will need him after this meet up if it goes ahead

that made me chuckle :')
Is it a thing on TSR now for kids to run around trying to get with way older guys? Ffs go finish your coloring book
Original post by alexschmalex
Is it a thing on TSR now for kids to run around trying to get with way older guys? Ffs go finish your coloring book

OP is 16, not really a kid, however someone about to make a silly mistake
You need to study for your AS levels. Men come and go, grades stay. :tongue:
OP is 16, not really a kid, however someone about to make a silly mistake

16 is still a child. Not to sound patronising but once you get older you'll realise how little you know in your teen years.
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
You need to study for your AS levels. Men come and go, grades stay. :tongue:

Absolutely !

Original post by Mega0448
16 is still a child. Not to sound patronising but once you get older you'll realise how little you know in your teen years.

I try not to cringe whenever I look back two-three years ago, can only try to imagine what you're referring to ! :smile:

But back to my other questions, I'm not familiar with British laws : isn't a relationship between a 16 and a 25 y old illegal ?
But back to my other questions, I'm not familiar with British laws : isn't a relationship between a 16 and a 25 y old illegal ?

No, it's not illegal provided that the older person does not hold a position of responsibility over the younger person (teacher, doctor, counselor, etc).

OP, I am not usually against relationships with age gaps because I met my boyfriend when I was 17 and he was 29 and we are still very happy (and now living together) almost five years later.

The idea of a 16 year old hooking up for sex with a guy from the internet, however, is a completely different ball game.

First of all, meeting someone in person is so different to the impression they give online: even when they're being genuine and trying to be themselves, it's impossible to get all of the non-verbal communication which a face to face encounter allows. You can't really know who this guy is.

In addition to this, the fact that he has already "made it clear he he wants to have sex" is a big warning signal. He really doesn't sound like the kind of considerate, caring guy who could be suitable for a relationship with a 16 year old.

I think that there is a real risk he will take try to advantage of you, even if only by manipulating you.

I also don't like the fact that you would hide this from your parents. When my boyfriend and I were getting to know each other, my mum was completely involved - she met him every time he picked me up for dates and I told her all about him, so she knew what he was like and she knew that I was safe.

Keeping him a secret from your parents is not a sensible or mature way to go about things.

Nevertheless, if you do decide to meet him, then please, please make sure that you meet him in public, tell someone about him and where you're going, or better yet, take someone with you. Stay safe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending