The Student Room Group

Applying for medicine

Is there arny hope for me to get into a good uniersity e.g ucl with these grades: 6as, 2bs and 2cs. However, i got a c in english language. However, im studying a level:biology,chemistry and maths and hope to at least get 1a* and 2 as.
Original post by aminulhussain
Is there arny hope for me to get into a good uniersity e.g ucl with these grades: 6as, 2bs and 2cs. However, i got a c in english language. However, im studying a level:biology,chemistry and maths and hope to at least get 1a* and 2 as.

I think for UCL, you need a B at least for English language.
But yes, you can still get into a good university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are a lot of factors to consider. Your best bet to see all the requirements for medical schools is following this link:
http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/school-leavers-standard/

There are still variables like your personal statement, entrance exams and interviews.

You can also consider doing a degree before med school and applying via graduate entry scheme although it is more competitive
There's lots of variation between institutes, it's possible to get into many 'good' med schools if you make up for the weak points in your application, and their priorities work in your favour.

Do take time to think about why you got below average GCSEs for a medical applicant - is it because you didn't bother at GCSE (but now you've found your passion and will put in the time to get top A-levels)? Or is it that you did put in good effort but you're just not great at academic work? Or a very reasonable 'extenuating circumstance', such as an illness or family commitment, etc. You need to be academic for Medicine - you need a great memory, good articulation, good writing skills, good critical thinking. I obviously don't know you or your circumstances, but many people do apply for Medicine without sufficient motivation, or sufficient academic ability, for the sake of it being Medicine, so do confirm to yourself that Medicine is the right choice for you.
Reply 4
I did chemistry ,biology and user maths staticics if I get A* A* A. Is there a chance that I can apply for medicine next year.its not real maths its user maths staticics pls helpI Also got all Bs and one A in gcse ...do I even have a chance of doing medicine

Pls help
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending