The Student Room Group

No makeup at 17?

I'm 17 and I don't wear make up. is this normal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
man iz this for real - of course it's normal

okay maybe not these days cos everyone's wearing make up but yeah i usually don't wear make up and i'm 17 and so do a lot of people i know sooo... but i still watch make up tutorials - i think that's not normal haha
im 17 in a few days and i have never worn it either :smile:
nice to know there is someone else who dosen't :grouphugs:
loads of girls at my school don't. the majority wear light makeup: mascara, concealer etc. a few wear tons of it. there's nothing wrong either way.
of course it's normal
join the club, besides often the eyeliner i dont really bother, I mean like me for the real me or idgaf

oh, and I'm 18 :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, only wear it if you're ready.
Yes, in fact, I would argue it shows a supreme self-confidence to be able to say, "No, I won't wear makeup, I am happy with my appearance."

Granted, insecurity isn't the only reason for makeup use, but it probably has an impact.
Original post by aamirac
ART!

yes it is 3/4 done now :biggrin: doing history atm :h:
Reply 10
Original post by CoolCavy
im 17 in a few days and i have never worn it either :smile:
nice to know there is someone else who dosen't :grouphugs:

guinea pigs can't wear make up silly Cavy haha :laugh:

omg i'm older than you awh you're still 16 awh that's so cute lol :tongue:
Reply 11

yes CAVY you got dis **** come on :biggrin:

Wow nice progress! Keep going. It's amazing how much work you can get done isn't it?
Original post by z33
guinea pigs can't wear make up silly Cavy haha :laugh:

omg i'm older than you awh you're still 16 awh that's so cute lol :tongue:

oh yeah i forgot, sometimes i just forget i'm a guinea pig :sigh:
yeah :frown: everyone on here seems to think i am like 12 or something as well :s-smilie:

Original post by z33
yes CAVY you got dis **** come on :biggrin:

will everyone stop doubting me lol :biggrin::grumble:
fyi i have now finished my mural and my prep sheet and only have to do a couple of pages in my sketchbook :biggrin:
thanks for your motivational speeches tho :h::grouphugs:
Original post by aamirac
Wow nice progress! Keep going. It's amazing how much work you can get done isn't it?

aww thanks after i have finished writing about Hohenlohe for history i will carry on with my sketchbook, i don't like that part though as it is quite dreary, still needs must :h:
Original post by starstuff
I'm 17 and I only use it when i can be bothered tbh, i never have enough time to get ready before school so it's literally a case of "i woke up like this"! But if i'm bored i'll just put some on for fun :P i never wear foundation though, too much effort imo

Don't really see the point in foundation, just gives you more spots
aww thanks after i have finished writing about Hohenlohe for history i will carry on with my sketchbook, i don't like that part though as it is quite dreary, still needs must :h:

Yeah I find some parts of my subjects quite boring too. But then there are all the fun parts to make up for it :h:
gonna agree with what was said above - it's really cool that you don't need makeup to feel confident :u:

I'm 15 and I normally have to put on a bit of foundation and some gloss/lipstick before I go out haha :colondollar:
Reply 18
I'm really glad to know that its not too uncommon. Almost all the girls I know wear make up! :smile: (its not a case of I'm not ready or anything, I just cant be bothered in the morning)
Reply 19
oh yeah i forgot, sometimes i just forget i'm a guinea pig :sigh:
yeah :frown: everyone on here seems to think i am like 12 or something as well :s-smilie:

will everyone stop doubting me lol :biggrin::grumble:
fyi i have now finished my mural and my prep sheet and only have to do a couple of pages in my sketchbook :biggrin:
thanks for your motivational speeches tho :h::grouphugs:

awh no problem :tongue: - ugh it won't let me rep you :angry:
i thought you were like 17/18

you got dis keep going :wink: never doubt a guinea pig :P

Quick Reply