The Student Room Group

Does a long distance relationship workout? Why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgiaswift
Wouldn't let me rep you, but I completely agree. If you love your partner, long distance is worth it

Thanks :smile: I get really wound up when people are so negative about long distance relationships - I know it's hard work and frustrating, but for those who want to give it a go, it's so unhelpful to have everyone saying "It'll never work".
Original post by Plumstone
Thanks :smile: I get really wound up when people are so negative about long distance relationships - I know it's hard work and frustrating, but for those who want to give it a go, it's so unhelpful to have everyone saying "It'll never work".

Exactly! And the thing is that as long as both partners are dedicated to making it work, it can work. Just need to work hard and ignore those who say it won't work
Most relationships fail, 50% of marriages end in divorce. It's no surprise that most LDRs also fail. Same applies to interracial dating etc..

LDRs are more difficult imo - requires a lot of communication. If you dont have similar aspirations or see each other as being long term partners, it's not worh it.

I can vouch for LDRs, but you have so many more factors that can contribute and increase the chances of breaking up.
Original post by NerdyMeg
Just curious 🙄🤔

Very rarely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending