The Student Room Group

Has anyone been rejected yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deww6
Don't Worry I only finished personal statement first draft today. if your behind then god knows where I am

Our school only gets one draft, so basically as soon as I finish it it's going to be sent off - I don't have time to ask teachers to go over it etc as they are all busy marking coursework, and my form tutor couldn't care less.

I haven't even finished writing mine, I've only just finished my first paragraph! I decided earlier in the year that I wanted to do Classical Studies and English Literature, but now I've decided against that and want to do just pure English Lit, so I ahve to change my entire personal statement.

Also, my teachers have messed me around on what I'm going to be predicted for A2 and it's all very stressful.

I underachieved in AS, getting BCCCD because I didn't revise at all, lack of motivation I guess. I was supposed to be predicted ABB, after talking to my teachers, but I just contacted them, and I apparently 'can't' be predicted an A in english, and so they're sticking with a B, and history and law are both reluctant to predict me higher as well. They told me this today.

SO V STRESSED as all the universities I have looked at want BBB/ABB, and I'll be applying with BBB/BBC/BCC - I DONT EVEN KNOW.

So yeah, I need to talk to my teachers again tomorrow before I can submit it.
And I need to write it.
And do history coursework.
And a history essay.
And a law essay.

It's all going downhill basically.
And I'm procrastinating on TSR and Tumblr :h:

So I'm sure you're probably better off than me, GOOD LUCK!

Edit: can you tell why I'm looking at rejection threads :wink:
Original post by panophobic
Mine hasn't either... whats your excuse? I'm getting really worried with mine ATM

I've been getting really stressed about the whole thing and then having anxiety attacks due to not knowing what I'm doing with my life, y'know the usual :woo:

But yeah I'm just taking so long to do everything because I waste time stressing but there ya go haha
Original post by chloemichelle97
I've been getting really stressed about the whole thing and then having anxiety attacks due to not knowing what I'm doing with my life, y'know the usual :woo:

But yeah I'm just taking so long to do everything because I waste time stressing but there ya go haha

As you can tell by my post above, I'm at panic attack level too, but I'm avoiding it by avoiding it, procrastination is my thing and it's why I'm in this situation in the first place.

Aw hun I'm sure it will be fine, what are you THINKING of doing, like what appeals to you? You're best off applying for something that fits both what you're good at, and what you enjoy doing. That's the way I've done it anyway, it's a compromise.
As you can tell by my post above, I'm at panic attack level too, but I'm avoiding it by avoiding it, procrastination is my thing and it's why I'm in this situation in the first place.

Aw hun I'm sure it will be fine, what are you THINKING of doing, like what appeals to you? You're best off applying for something that fits both what you're good at, and what you enjoy doing. That's the way I've done it anyway, it's a compromise.

Yeah I'm procrastinating right now by being on this site haha. The nurse sent me home from school last week because I'd worked myself up and was panicking so much.

I'm also applying for English (literature) but I keep doubting that decision coz I'm constantly being asked what I'm gonna do with a lit degree and it's just like ahhhhh I dunno stop asking!
my referee is taking his time...
Original post by chloemichelle97
Yeah I'm procrastinating right now by being on this site haha. The nurse sent me home from school last week because I'd worked myself up and was panicking so much.

I'm also applying for English (literature) but I keep doubting that decision coz I'm constantly being asked what I'm gonna do with a lit degree and it's just like ahhhhh I dunno stop asking!

Don't let people make you question your degree course! You can do so much with English Lit, even non-english based careers.

Why don't you google it a bit if you're not sure, see where people have gone with English Literature degrees!
I'll be lucky if my application gets sent before January.
I only used three of my choices to apply to three courses at the University of Sheffield! I'm predicted halfway between an AAB and an AAA (8'7 in the Spanish baccalaureate). I've got all three offers and have Zoology for my firm choice :smile: Now I just have to get the grades, which is already stressing me out!!
Original post by CaitlinN15
My friend has received 3 rejections in 2 weeks because she still hasn't passed her Maths GCSE :/ oops

Oh shoot! My friend hasn't passed her Math GCSE yet and she's in College for 4 years now. I guess her chances are very low because on top of that, she has a low target grade.
I haven't even sent mine in yet. After this half term I'm expected to show my draft personal statement to my tutor and I have until December 15th to actually give in my UCAS stuff along with my personal statement. I've only done 2 paragraphs! I can't believe tons of people are already getting replies! :frown:
Original post by Nadiiiaax
Oh shoot! My friend hasn't passed her Math GCSE yet and she's in College for 4 years now. I guess her chances are very low because on top of that, she has a low target grade.

Not necessarily... the trouble is she's predicted BBB at a2 so she's going for high unis (she just got an offer for leeds beckett) that offers stands aslong as she gets the 3 B's and a pass in maths before august. .. :/

Whereas for me..I'm stuck. . Because of my poor alevels grades and predictions due to medical and personal reasons so it's really hard for me and ucas this year... but hopefully everyone will get what they want and when they want it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got my first one yesterday..although it was based on my predicted grades not being the ones they apparently asked for. I phoned them up and they seem to have forgotten about an A-Level which i did last year (meaning that I will achieve AAAB in the end and not just AAB). So now my application is being reconsidered lol. Always phone you have nothing to lose! You're already rejected.
Yes, my daughter just now got rejected from KCL on the grounds that she "would not meet the grade requirements" for PPE, which are A* / A / A - and which are, or so were told, her predicted grades. She was definitely told by her teachers & form tutor that it would be A* / A / A but checking on her school record form, it says B.

Obviously, if B were the intended estimated grade she would not have applied to KCL or UCL or Bristol, so that is 3 choices wasted. If the B is a mistake - we think it is, since the HoD had assured us it would be an A - then we need to correct it, but no one is around at her school until the 3rd. The damage is done with KCL, I suppose. :frown:
Original post by dontargue
Yes, my daughter just now got rejected from KCL on the grounds that she "would not meet the grade requirements" for PPE, which are A* / A / A - and which are, or so were told, her predicted grades. She was definitely told by her teachers & form tutor that it would be A* / A / A but checking on her school record form, it says B.

Obviously, if B were the intended estimated grade she would not have applied to KCL or UCL or Bristol, so that is 3 choices wasted. If the B is a mistake - we think it is, since the HoD had assured us it would be an A - then we need to correct it, but no one is around at her school until the 3rd. The damage is done with KCL, I suppose. :frown:

what were her As grades
(edited 8 years ago)
I know a couple of people who've received Imperial rejections
Original post by 
what were her As grades

AS grades = A in Politics

A in English

B in Film Studies (One UMS under A) Dropped

C in Philosophy (One UMS under B, predicted A & school said AQA Philosophy was subject to oddities).
Should add that her school has a very strict policy on grade estimates - you have to get over 95 to be estimated an A* (which she got, and was estimated in Politics) and normally a grade is only above the AS if it's very close. Her teachers said that, provided she re-sat the AS, they would estimate her for an A in Philosophy because of her year's work (never under 8/9 in questions, 'mock exam 95%) and because the exam marking was way out of kilter.
Reply 37
Our school only gets one draft, so basically as soon as I finish it it's going to be sent off - I don't have time to ask teachers to go over it etc as they are all busy marking coursework, and my form tutor couldn't care less.

I haven't even finished writing mine, I've only just finished my first paragraph! I decided earlier in the year that I wanted to do Classical Studies and English Literature, but now I've decided against that and want to do just pure English Lit, so I ahve to change my entire personal statement.

Also, my teachers have messed me around on what I'm going to be predicted for A2 and it's all very stressful.

I underachieved in AS, getting BCCCD because I didn't revise at all, lack of motivation I guess. I was supposed to be predicted ABB, after talking to my teachers, but I just contacted them, and I apparently 'can't' be predicted an A in english, and so they're sticking with a B, and history and law are both reluctant to predict me higher as well. They told me this today.

SO V STRESSED as all the universities I have looked at want BBB/ABB, and I'll be applying with BBB/BBC/BCC - I DONT EVEN KNOW.

So yeah, I need to talk to my teachers again tomorrow before I can submit it.
And I need to write it.
And do history coursework.
And a history essay.
And a law essay.

It's all going downhill basically.
And I'm procrastinating on TSR and Tumblr :h:

So I'm sure you're probably better off than me, GOOD LUCK!

Edit: can you tell why I'm looking at rejection threads :wink:

Fair enuf, suprised you only get one draft we have minimum 6. Anyway wish you luck with your work and hope all goes well
Reply 38
Original post by dontargue

I'm sure the school can contact Kings and explain the scenario
Dang I gotta wait for interviews and then offers (medical applicant), which usually come around in early next year...Imagine being rejected after all that...BUT THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! *le hope*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending