The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Stefan*
Some denominations consider them equivalent though others disregard the OT on the basis that the NT supersedes it.

It doesn't matter mate - this is an open discussion.

Thing is, even if there's a definite interpretation on this, people will still carry on with what they already believe (which is based on the OT, when two Roman emperors started executing homosexuals).

But don't you feel there is a noticeable turn in Christian attitudes towards homosexuality.
If people want to marry, then let them marry. Gender, sexuality doesn't matter. We are all human -That's all that matters.
Original post by Skeptique
Back this garbage up with some links I've never heard of this battyman crap before.

Says the person who didn't provide any links to support his own claims.

Postgraduate Medical Journal article discussing how to keep up the success of ABC.
http://pmj.bmj.com/content/81/960/625.full.html

Government report on HIV in the UK, detailing that gay men exclusively were the most at risk, with london having the highest proportion of cases.
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20140714084352/http://www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1317140300680
Original post by garfeeled
But don't you feel there is a noticeable turn in Christian attitudes towards homosexuality.

Probably yes - that doesn't mean it's anywhere near being okay. I believe it's mostly based on the liberal and more secular Christians who do not pay much attention to the religion either.
Original post by *Stefan*
Some denominations consider them equivalent though others disregard the OT on the basis that the NT supersedes it.

They do love to cherry pick.
Original post by shadowdweller
That doesn't answer the question.

Why not?
Original post by bardnnyc
Why not?

Because you literally haven't answered it? I'm asking your reasoning for it, nothing more than that.
Original post by shadowdweller
Because you literally haven't answered it? I'm asking your reasoning for it, nothing more than that.

Some things are better not said. I,ve seen someone who support incest...Mother and son, father/daughter relationship after all, they are adults and should have the freedom to do whatever they want.

I don't support same sex marriage....period.
Original post by bardnnyc
Some things are better not said. I,ve seen someone who support incest...Mother and son, father/daughter relationship after all, they are adults and should have the freedom to do whatever they want.

I don't support same sex marriage....period.

So basically, you're not going to justify your stance. That seems fairly telling.
I am very happy for there to be same sex marriages. I can't wait for the first same sex divorces to start filtering through the system.
Why should they be happy.😆(joke)
I wonder who will get to stay in the home with the kids and who will get to take on a second job and live in a bedsit?😱
I found the Church of England's official response to this: https://www.churchofengland.org/media/1475149/s-s%20marriage.pdf

^^ it's all so poisonous that if it weren't so sad it would be funny.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Am I allowed to say no?
I do not see any reason why you could not say no
@XcitingStuart what are you talking about i am the one and only NathanAllen... I took a break from this site i have been debating on an american site
Yes.

Same Sex marriage hurts no one and homosexual/bisexual people should have the right to marry who they love. There is no real reason to deny them that.

Also I love my girlfriend.
Yes I agree with same sex marriage. I'm also a practicing Christian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saxsan4
It doesn't harm anyone, Love is love and it is taking away rights from the LGBT community.

If they dont believe in God what do they want to be married for? why isnt Civil Partnership sufficient?

Marriage is a legal construct recognizing two families combining to produce offspring to continue the family genes - homosexual relationships do not yet fulfill this criteria.

Love - prove that you know what 'love' is, even peadophiles say they 'love' children.
Bestials say they 'love' animals - should they marry too? and why do they break up so much if they are so 'in' love'?

We need to find a cure for these most unfortunate ppl, until then they will continue thinking that they are normal and cause decent society endless problems. Mo I DONT AGREE WITH SAME SEX MARRIAGE!
Original post by Katty3
Yes I agree with same sex marriage. I'm also a practicing Christian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am also a christian people say you can't be gay and christian but so far i have proved wrong
Original post by Heteronormative
If they dont believe in God what do they want to be married for? why isnt Civil Partnership sufficient?

Marriage is a legal construct recognizing two families combining to produce offspring to continue the family genes - homosexual relationships do not yet fulfill this criteria.

Love - prove that you know what 'love' is, even peadophiles say they 'love' children.
Bestials say they 'love' animals - should they marry too? and why do they break up so much if they are so 'in' love'?

We need to find a cure for these most unfortunate ppl, until then they will continue thinking that they are normal and cause decent society endless problems. Mo I DONT AGREE WITH SAME SEX MARRIAGE!

Some LGBT+ people like me believe in God. Civil partnerships are considered lesser than marriage by many people.

Marriage is a legal recognition of a loving relationship. By your reasoning, infertile people shouldn't be allowed to get married.

Two adults in a romantic relationship can know that they love each other. Both parties can express their love for each other.

Heterosexual people frequently break up as well. It's not unique to one specific sexuality.

Gay people don't need curing. They aren't ill. Explain one problem caused by gay people. STDs are neither caused by gay people nor are they exclusive to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanAllen
@XcitingStuart what are you talking about i am the one and only NathanAllen... I took a break from this site i have been debating on an american site

Link me post.

I think I remember what you're talking about.

You and @saxsan4 have very similar writing styles, and type of replies.

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for @saxsan4 to be an alt of your account.
Original post by XcitingStuart
Link me post.

I think I remember what you're talking about.

You and @saxsan4 have very similar writing styles, and type of replies.

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for @saxsan4 to be an alt of your account.

i see the !!! ... no it is not my account but yes it is my signature and they better stop using it... And i dont know how i wrote back then but i changed it up a little i think to be nicer and to the point.

Latest

Trending

Trending