The Student Room Group

What language do you find beautiful?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by childofthesun
'I speak French and Arabic' 💁🏻 :cool:

Marhabban :h:
You do realize people in Mexico speak Spanish, right? :smile: They basically just speak with a different accent/dialect (a lot of the Mexicans I talk to say that the Spanish spoken in Spain is more "formal," so that's a difference, too).
Arabic is a little too harsh for my liking. Personally, persian would be the most beautiful language.
Arabic.
Original post by saeed97
عن جد؟
Quite interesting how common arabic has been listed on tsr but ive never heard anyone say it irl.But to answer your question my favourite is Arabic but i may be a little biased. So im gonna say Russian. I really want to learn it and make it my third language.

I always say it! I wish I could have taken it as an MOMD at uni :frown:
Chinese:h:
Though I may be a bit biased since I am a native Chinese speaker.
I do adore the British accent though, which I'm guessing many of you are used to.
Original post by Chlktrain135
Chinese:h:
Though I may be a bit biased since I am a native Chinese speaker.
I do adore the British accent though, which I'm guessing many of you are used to.

"the British accent"? what is that though? I'm from the west midlands (of england) and we sure speak completely differently to, say, Londoners, or Scousers, or Geordies.
Original post by beyknowles2
"the British accent"? what is that though? I'm from the west midlands (of england) and we sure speak completely differently to, say, Londoners, or Scousers, or Geordies.

Ah I see. Sorry, I am making a little generalisation here as all the British people in my country speak exactly the same way:smile:.
Original post by Chlktrain135
Ah I see. Sorry, I am making a little generalisation here as all the British people in my country speak exactly the same way:smile:.

haha I get you don't worry
Reply 149
I speak farsi and i think it sounds rather nice, like a song lol
Original post by meowie
I speak farsi and i think it sounds rather nice, like a song lol

How practically useful is Farsi though? I don't get why some choose to learn languages like such instead of, for example, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Mandarin, which all would give someone an advantage in the employment market.
Original post by aamirac
I agree with you. I love learning Arabic .(But the grammar :grumble:) What dialect do you speak from?
Russian is next on my list. Seems so new, different and unexpected. Though after Arabic. I'm taking them one at a time :lol:.

I speak a Yafa'ai dialect of arabic.
What languages do you speak?
Original post by jedanselemyia
I always say it! I wish I could have taken it as an MOMD at uni :frown:

My course was already 120 credits so i couldnt do MOMD in Russian sadly and even the language courses are full so i have to wait till next year.
Original post by saeed97

My course was already 120 credits so i couldnt do MOMD in Russian sadly and even the language courses are full so i have to wait till next year.

Same! Hopefully it won't be too hectic next year :frown: You go to Birmingham uni too?
I speak French and English fluently :smile:
Same! Hopefully it won't be too hectic next year :frown: You go to Birmingham uni too?
I speak French and English fluently :smile:

Hopefully.
Yeh i go to UoB and im guessing you do as well??
Ah cool, whats your ethnicity if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by saeed97
Hopefully.
Yeh i go to UoB and im guessing you do as well??
Ah cool, whats your ethnicity if you dont mind me asking?

Yep!
I'm mixed, half black (west african) and half white (south European) :smile:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Spanish. I like the way they pronounce things.

thanks! hahaha (i am spanish :biggrin:)
French and Persian. I'd like to learn Arabic too though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by childofthesun
'I speak French and Arabic' 💁🏻 :cool:

😡show off :tongue: 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
French and German
Yep!
I'm mixed, half black (west african) and half white (south European) :smile:

Ah cool so where did you get your French from?

Quick Reply

Latest