The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kf2598
I've applied for Nottingham but also haven't received an acknowledge email yet!
Glad I'm not the only one!
It's says "you're application is being considered" on Track though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly like my case, i've checked track it says still in considered but then not even an acknolegment email even tho i got an email from all my other choices!
Reply 21
Original post by Antonyy21
That's exactly like my case, i've checked track it says still in considered but then not even an acknolegment email even tho i got an email from all my other choices!

my acknowledgement email from Nottingham went straight to my junk folder, have you tried there? ☺️
Reply 22
Hey guys,
Im a 2nd year at Nottingham so ask me anything you want to know about Notts med school!

Original post by Antonyy21
I haven't even received that which makes me worry even more!

they are really bad with emailing and in my cycle lots of people didnt get the welcome mail, some didnt get a mail about facebook page etc...don't worry about it! If you submitted your application before the deadline and made sure its University of Nottingham then you are fine :smile:
Original post by kf2598
Also, the online questionnaire was not mentioned as part of the selection process in the pdf on their website for 2016 entry. Are you sure they're using it this year? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they gave up on the questionnarie but if they didnt, you should receive the mail somewhere during 1st-2nd week of November.
Hello, did anyone of you got access to MyNottingham yet? Because they sent me an email, I should upload there my predicted grades.
I didn't received any information about it ...
Original post by spymatiak
Hello, did anyone of you got access to MyNottingham yet? Because they sent me an email, I should upload there my predicted grades.
I didn't received any information about it ...

I can get into MyNottingham but they haven't sent me any emails telling me what I should do with it.
What's mynottingham? Not recieved any email about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charnot1997
What's mynottingham? Not recieved any email about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the link given to you in the welcome email
Original post by cookiemonster15
It's the link given to you in the welcome email

Is it in the email where they say they recieved your application? Can't find a link 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying!! :biggrin: I think I have 36/39 in total for academics, not including my PS :h:
Is it in the email where they say they recieved your application? Can't find a link 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep
Oh I overlooked the link in the welcome email... Now everything is clear :biggrin:
There is literally no mention of mynottingham on my "thank you for your application to study medicine at nottingham email"
Or is it just me unable to find it as that's the only email i recieved

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is literally no mention of mynottingham on my "thank you for your application to study medicine at nottingham email"
Or is it just me unable to find it as that's the only email i recieved
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, in my "thank you for your application" -email is a link, named "Click here to log in to your University of Nottingham account". If you click on the link you will create a MyNottingham account.
Original post by thechemistress
I'm applying!! :biggrin: I think I have 36/39 in total for academics, not including my PS :h:

Is that just for the UKCAT?
(edited 8 years ago)
I have 35 just for the academics but 45/55 when you count the UKCAT as well (but they don't know that yet :tongue: )

I'm confused, how are these scores out of 55 calculated?
Is that just for the UKCAT?

Yeah, ahha xD I was being dim. I've got a total of 52/55 :h:
I'm confused, how are these scores out of 55 calculated?

Don't worry about what I just said...I got the wrong numbers for both (oops)

As far as I know UKCAT is measured out of 39
and your best 8 GCSES'S are taken into account and score a total of 16

Does that help?
Yeah, ahha xD I was being dim. I've got a total of 52/55 :h:

Woah, that's amazing!!
Don't worry about what I just said...I got the wrong numbers for both (oops)

As far as I know UKCAT is measured out of 39
and your best 8 GCSES'S are taken into account and score a total of 16

Does that help?

Would you mind helping me calculate mine? I think it's between 50-52 but I'm not entirely sure.

My top 8 GCSEs were A*s
My UKCAT-
VR- 720
QR- 880
AR- 860
DA- 740
SJT- band 2
What score does that give me? :h:
Does anyone know, how the compare the stats to applicants with different qualifications, like for example me applying with the German "Abitur"?
I got 33/39 for the UKCAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending