The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ramo_howin
Well, Sheffield is where my parents are from and whenever I visit the UK I spend most of the time there (I live in Spain currently). I know and love the city, I have family there and I went on a Campus tour at the uni and absolutely loved it.

I wasn't completely sure what course I wanted to do when I sent the application, but I also wanted to send it off as soon as possible and, to be honest, whatever science course I would have done at Sheffield i would have been happy.

As far as my Personal Statement, it was geared more towards biology. However I centred it more around my childhood experience in Spain on a boat. I added a few sentences about my interest in the connection between biology and chemistry, and about having an interest in animal behaviour, and a genetics study my teacher had done.

As for the grades. I'm studying the Spanish baccalaureate and I'm predicted an 8'7, which is halfway between an AAB and an AAA. I have an offer asking for an AAB, ie an 8'5. Also I need a 9 in Biology and either chemistry or maths.

Good luck on getting an offer! What are you applying for?

Thanks, I'm applying for biochemistry, but I just sent off a few days ago so don't know how long it'll take.

I went to Sheffield for the 1st time on their open day & was really impressed with the place, so fingers crossed :afraid:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 21
Got an offer last week for BSc Biology (AAB)!
Congrats on all your offers! It seems to be AAB across the board. I hope you all get in :smile:
Only just found this thread, but I got an offer last weak for Civil and Structural Engineering (AAA)!!! Well done guys!!
I've created a Facebook group for all of us applicants - feel free to join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1626932984234802/
Just got my offer! ABB for Korean Studies! :smile:
Original post by bellalalaxo

yaaaass so proud of you!!!!!!
Original post by bellalalaxo

Original post by kasienka

I hope we both get in omg it will be awesome!
Reply 29
I got an offer for BioMed!! Although it is my backup to medicine but getting an offer feels nice regardless :colondollar:
Well done to everyone who got offers and good luck to all those waiting!:grouphugs:
Original post by Cpie21
I got an offer for BioMed!! Although it is my backup to medicine but getting an offer feels nice regardless :colondollar:
Well done to everyone who got offers and good luck to all those waiting!:grouphugs:

congratulations. when did you apply if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 31
Original post by Auntynelly
congratulations. when did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you! And I applied on the 14th I think.
Have you also applied for biomed?
no, biology and i applied on the 19th. i'm just starting to get nervous now as it feels like a long time with no offers yet!
Received an offer yesterday for engineering with a year in industry(AAA)!! :smile:
Anyone else had an offer for English Language and Linguistics?
I got an unofficial offer for biochemistry. It doesnt say the required grades, the letter I received wants me to come to an informal interview/open day first.

I sent in application mid september.
Reply 36
ok so I'm new to TSR but i have an AAB offer for History! :smile:
May or may not be my first choice - it's between Sheffield or York!
Reply 37
Original post by sr111
Got an offer today for Biomed!
AAB or ABB with a B in the EPQ :biggrin:

How long did it take for you to get a reply? I'm still waiting:frown:
Original post by natwhite0
Anyone else had an offer for English Language and Linguistics?

I'm waiting for an offer for lit if that's any comfort 😂 where else have you applied? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Tashhbh
ok so I'm new to TSR but i have an AAB offer for History! :smile:
May or may not be my first choice - it's between Sheffield or York!

Well done! When did you send off your application? I've applied to both Sheffield and York for History too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending