The Student Room Group

HELP!! GCSE English Assessment

Hi all i need to compare two texts to do with volunteering ; in my comparison i must include:

exploration in the way the writer communicates ideas
comment on how the writer uses presentation and language
include examples to illustrate the points I make

I need to produce an essay on this ..any ideas on the layout I should use when comparing and contrasting
Have you ever heard of the 'ping pong' method? :smile: Essentially, you're 'ping ponging' comaprtive points back and forth. When comparing two texts, first write 1 PEE paragraph about the first text, and then in the second PEE paragraph where you are talking about the second text, start the paragraph by comparing/contrasting with the other one. So therefore the structure would go something like this:

First paragraph
-Make a point about your first text and write about it. (eg-use of metaphors)

Second paragraph
- Write about this point in relation to both texts, comparing and contrasting (eg-similarly, in text 2 the writer uses metaphors to achieve the same effect) So in the second paragraph, you can compare the two texts throughout.

Was that confusing? I hope I helped though I'm sorry I'm very bad at explaining >.<
Reply 2
Original post by _ariane29
Have you ever heard of the 'ping pong' method? :smile: Essentially, you're 'ping ponging' comaprtive points back and forth. When comparing two texts, first write 1 PEE paragraph about the first text, and then in the second PEE paragraph where you are talking about the second text, start the paragraph by comparing/contrasting with the other one. So therefore the structure would go something like this:

First paragraph
-Make a point about your first text and write about it. (eg-use of metaphors)

Second paragraph
- Write about this point in relation to both texts, comparing and contrasting (eg-similarly, in text 2 the writer uses metaphors to achieve the same effect) So in the second paragraph, you can compare the two texts throughout.

Was that confusing? I hope I helped though I'm sorry I'm very bad at explaining >.<

Thanks soo much no no i understood the concept I will give it a go (:
Original post by malaikaxx
Thanks soo much no no i understood the concept I will give it a go (:

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest