The Student Room Group

I can't find anyone who wants anything real

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
I agree. I'm struggling to meet guys that age because I am a student and I worry that guys in that age won't want to date student, even though I am a mature student. What do you think I should do?

I don't know what you should do. There will be good guys your age so you can look there, but if you come across someone older, some may not like the student thing and some won't mind, so I wouldn't instantly rule anyone out.
I'm in my 20s and I for the past 4 years just can't seem to find any men who want an actual relationship it seems they all just want to sew the wild oats. I'm not even attracted to the jock/player types just seemingly nice, sensible, studious guys but none of them want anything meaningful! No I'm not sleeping with any of these men by the way.

How can I find emotionally available men who want relationships?

Thank you

You think real relationships don't involve sex?
Of course I do. What I am saying is that I do not sleep with these men outside of a relationship and then expect a relationship after.

More mature men will have a more mature attitude towards sex, which means they will fully expect to have sex before starting a relationship and will find your reluctance childish and off-putting.

It sounds, actually, that you don't want a mature man, you want an immature teenager who is afraid of sex.
Of course I do. What I am saying is that I do not sleep with these men outside of a relationship and then expect a relationship after.

Thats ok so. Considering this is TSR you never know lol.

In that case all you can do is just keep looking. There are guys out there who want a relationship so you just have to keep going
Original post by silverbolt
In that case all you can do is just keep looking. There are guys out there who want a relationship so you just have to keep going

Absolutely. I'd suggest the OP ignores the crass generalisations that some people make.
Most young men want to enjoy being young not be tied down.
Original post by ChickenMadness
you can be a jock and also studious / nice / sensible. jussayin.

Yes I'm sorry to use generalizations but I had to illustrate my point before someone stepped in and said something along the lines of: it must be because you like the bad boys/players.
Original post by cole-slaw
You think real relationships don't involve sex?

More mature men will have a more mature attitude towards sex, which means they will fully expect to have sex before starting a relationship and will find your reluctance childish and off-putting.

It sounds, actually, that you don't want a mature man, you want an immature teenager who is afraid of sex.

Where did I say that relationships do not involve sex? You are putting words into my mouth. I happen to really enjoy sex and have a high sex but that doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with just about anyone or someone who means nothing to me. That is the thing relationships involve sex, outside of that I'm not obliged to sleep with anyone.
Original post by karl pilkington
Most young men want to enjoy being young not be tied down.

Perhaps so :frown:

I have a high sex drive is what I meant but I cannot edit an anon post. Anyway if I want to wait for sex a man is free to walk out of the door and move onto the next. This does not make me childish, I would be childish for jumping into bed with every man who pays me a bit of attention.
Girls wants me more for sex than relationships

:frown:
Original post by hektik
I don't know what you should do. There will be good guys your age so you can look there, but if you come across someone older, some may not like the student thing and some won't mind, so I wouldn't instantly rule anyone out.

Thanks, I feel undateable though it's going to be tough to find someone my own age or older.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Girls wants me more for sex than relationships

:frown:

Yes I can imagine. A lot of my female friends are like this too to be fair they just want to hook up. No one wants anything real so much sex everywhere and love is no where to be found.
Original post by SHussein7
Dating websites?

Most of the guys are there to get laid LOL.
Thanks. I suppose I'm just sad that no one is going to want me, or very few people. I'm going to be 28 when I graduate and to be honest I'm going insane.
Yes I can imagine. A lot of my female friends are like this too to be fair they just want to hook up. No one wants anything real so much sex everywhere and love is no where to be found.

The stereotype is that women want relationships, but lots of girls are horny as **** tbh... :colondollar:
Original post by taehokimbusiness
Most of the guys are there to get laid LOL.

:bawling: What should I do then?
:bawling: What should I do then?
Use Christian Mingle.
Original post by georgiaswift
Just keep looking and eventually you'll find someone worthwhile. There are loads of good people out there :smile:

Yeah they are definitely out there but they are doing a very good job of evading me.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Use Christian Mingle.

I'm not a Christian though I'm atheist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending