The Student Room Group

Is anyone else seeing more and more white anglo-saxon women in Burkas?

As above. Disturbing innit?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaucissonSecCy
As above. Disturbing innit

They can do what they want ..they dont give a darn about your opinion or else they wont go into public wearing it ..urgh
Original post by malaikaxx

They can do what they want ..they dont give a darn about your opinion or else they wont go into public wearing it ..urgh

Hahaha. Pork chops 4 lyfe.
No I haven't seen any in months and I work in Birmingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As above. Disturbing innit?

I haven't seen it. To be fair, if dressing up as a letterbox is what you want who are you to tell them not to?
(edited 8 years ago)
I have indeed noticed this where I live. And soon the pressure will be on all women to wear these things. One day, I do expect women to be told, by our benevolent government, that we must wear the headscarfs out of respect to muslims. Wait and see.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
I have indeed noticed this where I live. And soon the pressure will be on all women to wear these things. One day, I do expect women to be told, by our benevolent government, that we must wear the headscarfs out of respect to muslims. Wait and see.

Part of me says you are being stupid. Then again, the display of the Union Jack, the national flag, even wearing poppies has been discouraged due to its offensiveness.

However, when these people burn poppies I find that very offensive yet for some reason my offense is irrelevant.
Original post by DiddyDec
No I haven't seen any in months and I work in Birmingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in Brum and I've never seen anyone wearing a burka.
Pretty hard to tell, surely?
Original post by i<3milkshake
Part of me says you are being stupid. Then again, the display of the Union Jack, the national flag, even wearing poppies has been discouraged due to its offensiveness.

However, when these people burn poppies I find that very offensive yet for some reason my offense is irrelevant.

The union jack hasn't been discouraged due to it's "offensiveness" It's certainly been hijacked by the far right, but...that's about it

And that's because you blame ALL Muslims for the actions of a few. For the actions of the few who don't even know their own history

You don't seem to care about say..Irish people burning poppies do you? And aren't you the type who's like "Oh I don't care if you're offended" ? If that's how you want to live, then tough ****. Suck it up.
Original post by CurlyBen
Pretty hard to tell, surely?
I think people are getting mixed up with the burqa and the niqab tbh
Hahaha. Pork chops 4 lyfe.

Well, if you want to live like that, no one's going to stop you. You are what you eat and all that.
Original post by The_Internet
Well, if you want to live like that, no one's going to stop you. You are what you eat and all that.

Not for the moment- they will want to eventually. Muslims are not interested in 'multiculturalism' and people who think they are live in a fantasy world.
Lets liberate them with feminism!!!111!!!
i have not seen any round these ends.
Original post by i<3milkshake
I haven't seen it. To be fair, if dressing up as a letterbox is what you want who are you to tell them not to?

Balaclavas would be illegal, so why shouldn't the niqab? Fear, and cowardice of our government. It affects other people, it is a slap in the face to everything we stand for.
Not for the moment- they will want to eventually. Muslims are not interested in 'multiculturalism' and people who think they are live in a fantasy world.

Plenty of pork about in Muslim majority nations.. You can find them pretty easily in supermarkets in Dubai (provided you're not Muslim)
Balaclavas would be illegal, so why shouldn't the niqab? Fear, and cowardice of our government.

When balaclava's are worn by people to "get closer to God" then maybe they wouldn't be illegal. You wear a balaclava for one reason and one reason only.
Original post by The_Internet

I am eating tomatoes rn, am I a tomato?
Original post by arcenciel21
I am eating tomatoes rn, am I a tomato?

Yup.

I was more getting at if the OP ate pork and only pork, well they're going to be pretty damn fat, and live a short, unfulfilled life, but if that's how they want to live then go ahead.
Balaclavas would be illegal, so why shouldn't the niqab? Fear, and cowardice of our government.

In Western and Asian culture, civilised culture, face to face contact is important. Most communication is done non-verbally so it makes sense to be able to see the facial expressions of other people.

I don't like people wearing hoodies with the hoods up in good weather, I don't like balaclavas, and I don't like letterbox slit fashion. This isn't a race or belief thing; it is a fundamental disrespect for civlised life.

I don't want to converse with some chav who hides his/her face, I will literally refuse. I don't want to be near anyone who covers their face up.

If I went to the Middle East I would dress how they dressed and modify my behaviour (e.g drinking) to their culture. If a women goes there she has to change how she dresses-so no short skirt no matter how hot it is.

If some people come here they don't seem very interested in showing respect. They don't have to meet the standards that us non-Muslims hold ourselves to.
I don't care if my government is a bunch of PC muppets; I will always adapt to my host country so if others don't I don't care what your religion or colour is I don't want to interact with you. I will always show my face and be polite and courteous. If you don't want to then please don't bother me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending