The Student Room Group

What is your revision technique(s)???

share ur revision technique that helps u to achieve good grades :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by kholland
using flashcards! by writing a question on one side, and then the answer on the other side, i am able to test myself! :h:

this is one of the most common methods I have seen everyone using... n I did this myself too
however takes ages to make them
Sit on desk, don't move bum. WORK! :biggrin: Best technique ever!
I filled a book with revision notes, dozens of past papers, classical music and junk food:h:

I learn well enough through rote learning/copying, but remember what works for other people may not work for you
Reply 4
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Sit on desk, don't move bum. WORK! :biggrin: Best technique ever!

LOL nice technique :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Vicky628
I filled a book with revision notes, dozens of past papers, classical music and junk food:h:

I learn well enough through rote learning/copying, but remember what works for other people may not work for you

i know right! that's why i am just asking people to share their techniques so i can try some as my psychology test is coming up and it's too much for me
Original post by fatima1998
i know right! that's why i am just asking people to share their techniques so i can try some as my psychology test is coming up and it's too much for me

If it's mainly essay based, learn technique/practice & read examiners' reports

For all the names and dates and schools of thought, that seems to lend itself towards tables/flash cards

Good luck:h:
Reply 7
Original post by Vicky628
If it's mainly essay based, learn technique/practice & read examiners' reports

For all the names and dates and schools of thought, that seems to lend itself towards tables/flash cards

Good luck:h:

yup it is essay based....
thnx for that :smile:
Definitely flashcards for me! Although I also download podcasts and little song type things (where they make the lyrics relevant to the topic) and listen to them on my way to college (this really helped me for AS Psychology - there are people on youtube called WaheyProductions who make psychology podcasts)
Original post by pizzad0gs
Definitely flashcards for me! Although I also download podcasts and little song type things (where they make the lyrics relevant to the topic) and listen to them on my way to college (this really helped me for AS Psychology - there are people on youtube called WaheyProductions who make psychology podcasts)

What is thisssss?!?!?!? :biggrin: :biggrin:
What is thisssss?!?!?!? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haha it sounds super dorky I know, but for example last year for sociology I downloaded this:

[video="youtube;ndExF776Hus"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndExF776Hus&ab_channel=airlok11[/video]

and it really helped. There aren't that many available, and not for every topic or even subject but yeah :colondollar: In the exam I was just singing it in my head haha
Haha it sounds super dorky I know, but for example last year for sociology I downloaded this:

[video="youtube;ndExF776Hus"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndExF776Hus&ab_channel=airlok11[/video]

and it really helped. There aren't that many available, and not for every topic or even subject but yeah :colondollar: In the exam I was just singing it in my head haha

Lol I like it! I thought you were talking about an app or something to create your own songs! :tongue: I want something like that, but then again I have an awful voice and I would cringe.

But I think converting text to audio files might work for me, when walking to 6th forms! :colondollar:
Lol I like it! I thought you were talking about an app or something to create your own songs! :tongue: I want something like that, but then again I have an awful voice and I would cringe.

But I think converting text to audio files might work for me, when walking to 6th forms! :colondollar:

Ohhh, that would be pretty cool but I can't sing either so i'd focus more on how bad I sound rather than the information :tongue:

Yeah I did a bit of that too - it does really help, especially if you put some jokes or something in there (at least, that works for me, maybe I'm just weird :colondollar:)
Ohhh, that would be pretty cool but I can't sing either so i'd focus more on how bad I sound rather than the information :tongue:

Yeah I did a bit of that too - it does really help, especially if you put some jokes or something in there (at least, that works for me, maybe I'm just weird :colondollar:)

I do that, earlier I said something to myself and Lmao I was sitting there at my desk laughing for a good 10 minutes, I'm very sad like that:redface: :biggrin:
I do that, earlier I said something to myself and Lmao I was sitting there at my desk laughing for a good 10 minutes, I'm very sad like that:redface: :biggrin:

You sound like me :biggrin: Most of the time when I tell jokes and puns I'm the one who laughs the most at them while my friends just look at me like :K:
You sound like me :biggrin: Most of the time when I tell jokes and puns I'm the one who laughs the most at them while my friends just look at me like :K:

Same! :biggrin: It's the worst when I try to tell them a funny story, I just laugh inbetween my words and I suppose it becomes un-funny to them when they finally understand what I am saying! lol

it might help me too if those videos contains the 2015-2017 spec then this would help me alot :smile:
Get off TSR and actually do some work :wink:
Same! :biggrin: It's the worst when I try to tell them a funny story, I just laugh inbetween my words and I suppose it becomes un-funny to them when they finally understand what I am saying! lol

It's even worse when you think you have a funny story and halfway through telling it you realize it won't be funny to anyone else but you're too far in to stop

e156ba70f6080d05a3e7a2a291aa2773.jpg
I type up all of my notes in a word document, and then I look at past questions and see whether I would be able to answer the essay, and I draw up a plan for each essay.

Quick Reply

Latest