The Student Room Group

MACBETH

Examine the way the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth is portrayed in Macbeth.
Shhhh :shh: it's badluck to say it out loud.
Reply 2
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Shhhh :shh: it's badluck to say it out loud.

HeLP mE!! :emo:
Original post by Andy Social
HeLP mE!! :emo:

I'm sorry! I couldn't help it though :tongue:

Okay, I'm in A2 and have just literally started Macbeth before the half term, but what I gather from Lady Macbeths character is that she has a very strong sense of control of Macbeth, to the point where she has the ability to emasculate him and almost take his masculinity for herself. She desires to be a man it seems from her (take away my milk and turn it into poison) quote. She is not the typical gothic heroine at all, Macbeth in her grasp is very submissive. She brain washes him a lot, he repeats a lot of what she has said to him in previous scenes if you look closely enough.

That's about as much as I can think of right now I'm afraid, I'm not very far with Macbeth myself! :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
When they decide to murder Duncan the "dearest partners" seem more like business men and women by the way they act.
Reply 5
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I'm sorry! I couldn't help it though :tongue:

Okay, I'm in A2 and have just literally started Macbeth before the half term, but what I gather from Lady Macbeths character is that she has a very strong sense of control of Macbeth, to the point where she has the ability to emasculate him and almost take his masculinity for herself. She desires to be a man it seems from her (take away my milk and turn it into poison) quote. She is not the typical gothic heroine at all, Macbeth in her grasp is very submissive. She brain washes him a lot, he repeats a lot of what she has said to him in previous scenes if you look closely enough.

That's about as much as I can think of right now I'm afraid, I'm not very far with Macbeth myself! :redface:

The Macbeth repeating-Lady-Macbeth's-previous-lines thing
is an awesome point that I never realised til now!! :eek: Thanks so much :biggrin:
I wrote an essay on this during my GCSE years.
is an awesome point that I never realised til now!! :eek: Thanks so much :biggrin:

I have written a whole essay on that. I achieved an A* so perhaps I could send you some of the main points.
Is this for A level or GCSE?
Reply 8
Original post by danielwinstanley
When they decide to murder Duncan the "dearest partners" seem more like business men and women by the way they act.

That's a really interesting idea. :smile: One point I (briefly) explored in my (draft, very draft) essay was the impersonality of their relationship (like the fact that, when alone, she's always calling him by his grand future titles: "Glamis thou art, and Cawdor", "Great Glamis, Worthy Cawdor" etc.). Do you have any suggestions for how I could develop this further??
Reply 9
Original post by quentinhamilton
I wrote an essay on this during my GCSE years.

Sharing *coughnotplagiarismcough* is caring?? :colondollar:
Sharing *coughnotplagiarismcough* is caring?? :colondollar:

Hahaha I'll see if I still have it!
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I have written a whole essay on that. I achieved an A* so perhaps I could send you some of the main points.
Is this for A level or GCSE?

Wow, well done :eek: Was that A level or GCSE?? I'm doing it for GCSE (as you can probably tell). If you'd be willing, that would be amazing, thank you! :biggrin:

You're most welcome! :tongue:
Wow, well done :eek: Was that A level or GCSE?? I'm doing it for GCSE (as you can probably tell). If you'd be willing, that would be amazing, thank you! :biggrin:

Thank you. It was GCSE, yes. Alright, if you message me your email I can send you some of my essay. I'd send all of it but I don't want us to get into trouble for plagiarizing or anything like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending