The Student Room Group

Is this a weird turn off?

I'm less attracted to guys if I know they are attracted to women whom I don't consider all that "hot" myself :redface: not just natural beauty, but how they style themselves, etc.

I'm bi curious so maybe that's why

coincidentally the guys I am most attracted to personality wise also often share my taste in women :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's could be because you think that those girls who you consider to not be attractive must be his type and if he goes out with you then you'd consider yourself unattractive too.
Reply 2
Just when you thought women couldn't be anymore confusing....
Reply 3
Original post by John55
It's could be because you think that those girls who you consider to not be attractive must be his type and if he goes out with you then you'd consider yourself unattractive too.

Possibly. Reflecting on me maybe :lol:

Should have said in OP this includes personality too. I don't like randomly bitchy girls for example, would be turned off a guy if he was into them

AzimH

Nothing confusing about the OP unless you can't read lol
Reply 4
Original post by RiotGirll

Should have said in OP this includes personality too. I don't like randomly bitchy girls for example, would be turned off a guy if he was into them

Nothing confusing about the OP unless you can't read lol

Are you insulting my intelligence?? Hold my purse Felicia *rolls up sleeves* Square up!
Reply 5

Because if he goes out with randomly bitchy girls then he probably doesn't care about personality and you want him to like your personality
Reply 6
Original post by John55

Because if he goes out with randomly bitchy girls then he probably doesn't care about personality and you want him to like your personality

Some guys actually seem to prefer bitchy girls, like they like a challenge

I go for geeky guys who seem to be more passive round my town lol, maybe that's why.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not really. I think it's kind of understandable considering that you're bicurious :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Indeterminate
Not really. I think it's kind of understandable considering that you're bicurious :smile:

So you think that's the reason why? :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
sorry to burst your bubble but you're not even that attractive? A 5 at best

That's not me in my avi lmao, reverse image search it.

Lol @ the keyboard warrior anon troll. Which basement dweller is this? :biggrin:
Original post by AzimH

Mate, I often fail to understand the BS turn on/off criteria we come up with sometimes.:rolleyes:
Reply 11

Lol @ the keyboard warrior anon troll. Which basement dweller is this? :biggrin:

I am no keyboard warrior son and I'm also not anonymous- my username is literally my name in real life. Now 1v1 me in rust u skrublord.
So you think that's the reason why? :tongue:

Yup. I reckon it stems from the fact that you're sort of attracted to women yourself.
Reply 13
Original post by Technetium
Mate, I often fail to understand the BS turn on/off criteria we come up with sometimes.:rolleyes:

Breaking news: different people have different opinions :rolleyes:

Congrats on hating on your own gender, I'm sure the guys on here will shower you with attention for it lol. What a special snowflake you must be.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Technetium

Haha after seeing all the posts about turn offs I have come to the conclusion I will remain single for the rest of my life.
Reply 15
Original post by Indeterminate
Yup. I reckon it stems from the fact that you're sort of attracted to women yourself.

I think a lot of people are a bit bicurious TBH :colondollar: I wouldn't actually even kiss a girl haha

Ha. BURN.

OP I'm like this too, even though I don't consider myself bi-curious. It's not so much that I'm worried I'd become one of the girls I dislike, but that his bad taste on girls reflects badly on his personality, just as a guy having bad taste in books would kind of turn me off too.
Reply 17
Original post by Sempiternitas
Ha. BURN.

OP I'm like this too, even though I don't consider myself bi-curious. It's not so much that I'm worried I'd become one of the girls I dislike, but that his bad taste on girls reflects badly on his personality, just as a guy having bad taste in books would kind of turn me off too.

Yeah, that's also true. I've known a few guys who went for "bad girls" (the sort who were a bit violent, heavy drinkers, even got sent to prison a few times...) and they weren't necessarily violent guys themselves but definitely not nice!

I'm not really judgmental about stuff like books, what do you consider bad taste though? :colondollar:
I'm not really judgmental about stuff like books, what do you consider bad taste though? :colondollar:

Hmm. That is actually quite hard to specify. If I asked my date what books they have recently read and they said they haven't read anything for the past three years apart from autobiographies of Katie Price and some TOWIE star I'd be quite put off. (I guess that would more likely apply to a girl though!) It's not so much about reading the occasional trashy novel (ha, I'm like that myself) but their general attitude towards reading. I'm a huge bibliophile so I consider reading habits inextricably linked to personality.
Reply 19
Original post by Sempiternitas
Hmm. That is actually quite hard to specify. If I asked my date what books they have recently read and they said they haven't read anything for the past three years apart from autobiographies of Katie Price and some TOWIE star I'd be quite put off. (I guess that would more likely apply to a girl though!) It's not so much about reading the occasional trashy novel (ha, I'm like that myself) but their general attitude towards reading. I'm a huge bibliophile so I consider reading habits inextricably linked to personality.

I know a guy who has the Katie Price biography. He's gay though :lol: so wouldn't date me anyway haha!

I used to be a bibliophile but have been working multiple jobs lately to save. I wish I had more time to read though :frown: planning on doing it after I move

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending