The Student Room Group

Police Parking Notice Ticket.

Hi

Today, I returned to my car after a cheeky nando's with the lads, when this numpty council officer placed a Parking Notice Ticket on my car after I parked on double yellow lines.

I laughed in his face saying that no one has to pay tickets as these are not criminal.

So what will happen now?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
Well, I'm not sure about now but in the not too distant future you will attain a level of maturity befitting an adult and will try to forget threads like this.

Ha, you optimist.
Well you will get a fine sent in the mail in a usually 28 days. Usually it will cost £70.00 or higher, but if you read the sign you parked in it could be higher since it is private property most likely.
Original post by Dejomony
Well you will get a fine sent in the mail in a usually 28 days. Usually it will cost £70.00 or higher, but if you read the sign you parked in it could be higher since it is private property most likely.

It was on a main road issued by a jumped up jobsworth council person who had a hard on after i overstayed my parking by 4 hours.
Reply 4
If it's council then you ain't getting out of it. The only ones you can get out of easily are the ones run by private parking companies. Cough up the cash matey!
I ignored a £25 council parking ticket once - they chased me for months and months before sending the debt collectors round to my parents house, looking for £480. As I was at uni and had all my belongings there they couldn't do anything. I moved to Dorset shortly afterwards and the fine was transferred between jurisdictions and ended up being significantly reduced. I then paid it off (about £80).

It was an extraordinarily stressful period of my life...

I'd advise paying it!
I'll just pay it in 1 pences for the banter.
Original post by PizzaLover1992
I'll just pay it in 1 pences for the banter.

The postage cost for that would be enormous.
Original post by Good bloke
The postage cost for that would be enormous.

I'll go to the office.

Or not put a stamp on and make it cost them more.
My mum was charged 100 for parking outside the parking bays (literally one side was slightly out) and they never accepted her appeal
but with some companies they will let you off.
If you were parked on double yellows you should expect a ticket, just pay it and stop being a prat.
Original post by KCLeblanc
If you were parked on double yellows you should expect a ticket, just pay it and stop being a prat.

These jumped up power hungry parking people should go and get a real job instead.
These jumped up power hungry parking people should go and get a real job instead.

And you should learn how to read signs.
That's it OP. PRepare to be butt raped in prison. You've committed a terrible crime.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
And you should learn how to read signs.

I pay enough tax on driving so it is my right to park how and where I wish.
Reply 15

Top bants.
Original post by Klix88
Top bants.

Exactly, These little jump up job worth's traffic people and security guards should get a real job.

Sadly the law disagrees. When your ticket arrives you will get a discount if you pay early. Otherwise it goes up. If you ignore it for long enough, you will have to explain why you parked on double yellows to a magistrate, you will have to pay the fine, court costs and a victim surcharge. If you fail to do that, you could end up in prison for contempt of court.

I suggest you might be the muppet for parking on a double yellow line.

Quick Reply

Latest