The Student Room Group

Does anybody here vape?

Scroll to see replies

Vape? Wot? I read your whole description OP and still have no idea what you're talking about.
I got a MFLB vaporiser for bud, but you can also put tobacco in and it keeps the perfect taste. Only issue is strange looks in public. Thinking of investing In a green smoke. My mate and I wanna get the double pack and quit cigs together.
Original post by noobynoo
Vape? Wot? I read your whole description OP and still have no idea what you're talking about.

A Vape is a Vaporiser. It heats up a chemical and mixes it with a hot vapor without causing combustion. It can be used to get the effects from smoke able drugs such as THC or nicotine, without having to burn the plant along with inhaling a lot of harmful chemicals.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HashimKF
A Vape is a Vaporiser. It heats up a chemical and mixes it with a hot vapor without causing combustion. It can be used to get the effects from smoke able drugs such as THC or nicotine, without having to burn the plant along with inhaling a lot of harmful chemicals.

OK, I got that bit. You have to be a bit more specific though. What chemicals exactly are you vaporising? (Or are we supposed to know. Nudge. Nudge. Wink. Wink. And all that?)
OK, I got that bit. You have to be a bit more specific though. What chemicals exactly are you vaporising? (Or are we supposed to know. Nudge. Nudge. Wink. Wink. And all that?)

I did post that you know...THC or nicotine are the most commonly vaped chemicals.

Normal vaping is nicotine in a solution of Propylene Glycole and Vegetable Glycerine, which is heated up in the E-cig to create the gas which is then inhaled. Just like a cigarette.

The other form of vaping is through use of cannabis, where the THC and I believe the CBD are vaporised to create a smoke which is then inhaled once again just like smoking a spliff. However it is more efficient and cleaner than typical smoking.
^ This guy knows.

There are vaporisers (electronic cigarettes) and vaporisers (used for extracting THC from cannabis without the smoke). This thread is about the former as a thread about the latter would get closed (I asked the Mods about the possibility of having a Stoner Soc a couple of years ago, my request was declined on the basis that TSR cannot be seen to condone/encourage illegal activities, which is fair enough).

This is a reasonably balanced article about it:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/innovation/everyday-innovations/electronic-cigarette.htm

It's basically smoking without the smoke (and, y'know, the emphysema/cancer), thus is a health(ier) choice as far as a daily intake of nicotine is concerned. Statistics have shown that it's far more effective at helping people to fully quit smoking than anything that has been released so far (patches, gum, etc) but because it's a relatively new thing it's currently under a lot of scrutiny, because god forbid people stop paying tax via the tobacco industry.

Original post by scrotgrot
Electronic cigarettes made of burnished metal and cyberpunk-sounding slang like "vape" is the final, clinching proof that we're living in the future

"Vape" is basically a shortening of "use a vaporiser", just as "smoke" is a shortening of "having a cigarette". There's nothing cyberpunk about it :lol:
They do look kinda futuristic though... like they're straight out of Blade Runner or something.
(edited 9 years ago)
I got a MFLB vaporiser for bud, but you can also put tobacco in and it keeps the perfect taste. Only issue is strange looks in public. Thinking of investing In a green smoke. My mate and I wanna get the double pack and quit cigs together.

I wouldn't mind getting myself one of these:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer

Unfortunately they've experienced setbacks with the development, but I think they're being released this month. Going to look out for reviews on it to see how it performs before investing.
Original post by Drunk Punx

Unfortunately they've experienced setbacks with the development, but I think they're being released this month. Going to look out for reviews on it to see how it performs before investing.

That looks pretty cool. I would reccomend an MFLB though. Very discreet, lifetime warranty, and works with as little as 0.05g.
That looks pretty cool. I would reccomend an MFLB though. Very discreet, lifetime warranty, and works with as little as 0.05g.

It looks damn sexy! I'm liking the wood finish on it, very natural. Sorry Grasshopper, you now have a contender.
(edited 9 years ago)
It looks damn sexy! I'm liking the wood finish on it, very natural. Sorry Grasshopper, you now have a contender.

The best thing about it, is even if I leave it on my desk, my mum has no clue what it is. She also thinks my grinder is a pencil sharpener :P
Bumpity bump.
I bought one. Went back to smoking after about a week of using it. It just ain't the same.
OP - found this thread on the offchance. I'm necromancing it. Thought you said you were going to bump it regularly?

Anyway, personally I've been vaping for a while. Currently on the iClear16s - they're not bad.

I love it actually, you can get a great nicotine buzz off it, far superior to any type of tobacco burning. And it's a pure buzz without the other stuff in it foggying it. Very relaxing. No more burning lungs and sore throat. And three times the buzz.

Takes some arseing around with and a bit of time to find equipment you like, but when it delivers, it's great.

IMHO this is the ticket to stopping smoking. Socially, I've found it attracts interest and conversation from smokers, and there are already a couple I know that are going to try it.

It's like switching from MacDonalds burgers to real meat. Takes some getting used to, but far superior.

Still in the stage where I smoke the odd cigarette though. I smoked about 10 a day before trying vaping.

Captain Haddock - which one did you get?
(edited 9 years ago)
Found this thread about vaping, just wondering if anyone is still active? :smile: I have been using a student discount code on Totally Wicked, the code is 'STUDENT'. thought I'd let you guys know!
@Drunk Punx yeah. You should have started the vaping society, I was gonna the other day but didn't for the same reason you didn't :laugh:

I've got a Sigelei 75w, vapes nice.
Reply 35
Yeah I quit cigs for vape

Posted from TSR Mobile
hookah ftw
No, I'm a smoker not a vaper. I do have a vape pen thing and a few different flavours for it, use it very occasionally but don't really get any enjoyment out of it.

That looks really cool.

I have this which is OK and this which I absolutely love and IDK if I will ever vape or smoke anything else.

Friend has the Pax which is really nice but £200.
Original post by SmashConcept
That looks really cool.

I have this which is OK and this which I absolutely love and IDK if I will ever vape or smoke anything else.

Friend has the Pax which is really nice but £200.

A friend had one of these at uni. It was the best thing since sliced bread.

I have this which awesome because it doesn't rely on batteries and as a former smoker I have loads of lighter gas hanging about.

Quick Reply

Latest