The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unistresshelp
honestly i am really really scared that we're going to get a horrible question, like there was this question about the physical environment and i wanted to cry :frown:.
i went over my AS stuff but breifly, i did the main bits like economics, politcal effect/ social impact/society/relationship between people and state/ development of policy/modernisation- basically stuff around it just do that and youll be fine good luck!!!!!!

That's exactly why I'm unsure though - that physical environment question was from when the papers were different, and the essay questions were longer, and I guess more difficult. If you look at all the questions since they changed the format, they have been nicer.

But I'm not totally sure if that's just chance, or because they changed the format!
Send it to yourself before checking haha and no I don't even know what to send yet ^^'
HAT PPL can anyone shed any light on how to tell whether the 30 mark question wants you to include other factors in your answer?

For example, in the question about landscape, they ask you about its 'importance' so you have to weigh it up against other factors. But then in the violent conflict and its impact upon society question, it wants you to include other factors too, but I can't see how that is indicated in the question! Then to confuse things further, the specimen 2015 paper is about the role played by ideas as causes of historical change, but there's no mention of other factors in the mark scheme...can anyone help??
They're only asking you to send it in a specific way to help with admin - admissions are really busy this time of year but they won't be nasty and send it back to you as long as your scan is clear and legible!
Original post by snowflake39
You could email Oxford and ask them if any scholarships/bursaries are available for your country or that you're eligible for. However, I believe the financial aid is for the tuition only so the living costs are still seperate. Oxford is well known for offering financial help and depending on the college some colleges give good book grants as well. You should call or email them to make sure though.

Thanks, I'll do that.
Exeter college contacted me today.
Original post by MouseyBrown
That's exactly why I'm unsure though - that physical environment question was from when the papers were different, and the essay questions were longer, and I guess more difficult. If you look at all the questions since they changed the format, they have been nicer.

But I'm not totally sure if that's just chance, or because they changed the format!

Tbh I don't think the fact the exam structure has changed matters but I reckon if you give 5 whole minutes of planning and structuring your answer you are bound to find something so don't worry too much!
Does anyone know how important the HAT actually is & the amount of students that get short listed for an interview ( and what they consider etc)
Does anyone know how important the HAT actually is & the amount of students that get short listed for an interview ( and what they consider etc)

It's really important in deciding who gets an interview, more important than your other stats
Yeah I think I'm overthinking the questions now by looking at them for too long, luckily I won't be able to do that in the exam haha...
Good luck too, I hope we do :smile:
Original post by thehollowcrown
It's really important in deciding who gets an interview, more important than your other stats

How much do you think you need to score (out of 100) to be considered ?
How much do you think you need to score (out of 100) to be considered ?

changes every year, probs around 60

How are you finding it?

Do you know the percentage of people that get interviewed
How are you finding it?

Hm a bit of a mix. I like the source question but the 30 marker stresses me out because I don't know if my essays are good enough. hbu
Do you know the percentage of people that get interviewed

Says 74% on the website for 2014 entry but that will change
Hello, I received 4 A* and 6 A at GCSE and I am predicted 4 As at A-Level. I am worried that my gcse grades won't grant me an interview for English as there I did was placed 14th best in my secondary school. I am so sorry to users who constantly get asked this question so often but I need to know.
Hm a bit of a mix. I like the source question but the 30 marker stresses me out because I don't know if my essays are good enough. hbu

Same that essay question stresses me out I'm scared I'm going to do absolutely rubbish on it. I hope it goes well for you :smile:
Says 74% on the website for 2014 entry but that will change

I hope it stays the same
Original post by drriversong
Hello, I received 4 A* and 6 A at GCSE and I am predicted 4 As at A-Level. I am worried that my gcse grades won't grant me an interview for English as there I did was placed 14th best in my secondary school. I am so sorry to users who constantly get asked this question so often but I need to know.

So many of these fs.

Whether you get an interview will mainly depend on your score in the ELAT, GCSE's are only a rough guide. Besides, you've sent off your application already, so just focus on getting a good score on the ELAT, and stop focussing on matters out of your control

Latest

Trending

Trending