The Student Room Group

Has anyone been rejected yet?

Scroll to see replies

I've had one offer. The fact I haven't had more feels like a rejection ngl :colondollar:
Original post by dontargue
Yes, my daughter just now got rejected from KCL on the grounds that she "would not meet the grade requirements" for PPE, which are A* / A / A - and which are, or so were told, her predicted grades. She was definitely told by her teachers & form tutor that it would be A* / A / A but checking on her school record form, it says B.

Obviously, if B were the intended estimated grade she would not have applied to KCL or UCL or Bristol, so that is 3 choices wasted. If the B is a mistake - we think it is, since the HoD had assured us it would be an A - then we need to correct it, but no one is around at her school until the 3rd. The damage is done with KCL, I suppose. :frown:

I am not 100% sure, because I am an international applicant. I think that if it is a mistake, it could be fixed by talking with her teachers and UCAS.

If it is too late for that, couldn't she withdrawn her choices and reapply? The deadline is the 15th of January anyway.
Original post by Mesosleepy
Do you know why they got rejected?

No I don't, sorry
Original post by Pcabezas
I am not 100% sure, because I am an international applicant. I think that if it is a mistake, it could be fixed by talking with her teachers and UCAS.

If it is too late for that, couldn't she withdrawn her choices and reapply? The deadline is the 15th of January anyway.

She checked on UCAS & that seems to say that you can only withdraw if you have changed your mind about applying at all.
Original post by dontargue
She checked on UCAS & that seems to say that you can only withdraw if you have changed your mind about applying at all.

You can reject all/any offers received and apply one course at a time through Extra, but that is a bit of a desperate measure. Assuming she was sensible enough to apply to insurance places she actually wanted to go to, she should get a couple of offers. If she firms her favourite, she could consider adjustment if she gets the results you think she ought to get, but would be able to hang onto a place she wants to go to if that doesn't work out.
Original post by Student403
Was it because they didn't meet the reqs or?

One was not meeting requirements and the other two were just straight rejected - no clue why it was so early tbh
(edited 8 years ago)
I got rejected from Queen Mary's because apparently I'm not taking the A-level courses required to do the degree. I applied for Computer Science and I'm studying Maths, Business, ICT and I'm predicted AAA but apparently they're not the courses required by Queen Mary's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasim_96
I got rejected from Queen Mary's because apparently I'm not taking the A-level courses required to do the degree. I applied for Computer Science and I'm studying Maths, Business, ICT and I'm predicted AAA but apparently they're not the courses required by Queen Mary's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does say 'Science related subjects are preferred' on Ucas, so it was inevitable. 'Preferred' is university speak for 'required'.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It does say 'Science related subjects are preferred' on Ucas, so it was inevitable. 'Preferred' is university speak for 'required'.

They could've made it more clearer that they require a science related subject and don't just 'prefer' it. Oh well. Currently I've got an offer from Reading and Bournemouth and a rejection from Queen Mary's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They could've made it more clearer that they require a science related subject and don't just 'prefer' it. Oh well. Currently I've got an offer from Reading and Bournemouth and a rejection from Queen Mary's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid they expect you to read between the lines. Unfortunate, but that's the way it works.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'm afraid they expect you to read between the lines. Unfortunate, but that's the way it works.

Either way I'm not too bothered because I wasn't planning on making it my firm anyway, or even my insurance for that matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Either way I'm not too bothered because I wasn't planning on making it my firm anyway, or even my insurance for that matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, no harm done then.
Basically, I freaked out when I saw my results sheet because of some quite horrendous happenings (extenuating stuff) that messed with my coursework. I missed my firm last year, got into my insurance (which was already an unconditional), decided I didn't like the course because it wasn't quantitative enough and basically just rejected the place. Scrambled around figuring things out for a month then took the plunge of self studying 3 (exam only) A levels in a year whilst re-applying to university.

So, with the abysmal grades I got last year, and the top universities I applied to this year, I thought I wouldn't get ANYTHING. Had a contingency plan of going into UCAS extra and everything. Fast forward to now - I'm currently holding high offers from Warwick and Nottingham!!

So keep haste I guess, it's not all a horror story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
Wow! People are getting offers and rejections already, whilst my referee is being unhelpful and my teachers can't be bothered to predict any grades yet.:angry:
I got three offers in one day! I'm just waiting for Birmingham and Aston now
Original post by hazeydaisy
I got three offers in one day! I'm just waiting for Birmingham and Aston now

Congrats! :smile: Where did you get offers from, which course?

(I'm waiting on Birmingham, Swansea and one of the Cardiff courses I applied to...)
Original post by emiloujess
Congrats! :smile: Where did you get offers from, which course?

(I'm waiting on Birmingham, Swansea and one of the Cardiff courses I applied to...)

International relations at Reading, Chester and Kent :smile: Thankyou
I got rejected from university 3 times!

Sad, but idc. xD
Original post by Alisa59
I got rejected from university 3 times!

Sad, but idc. xD

The yolo lyfe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending