The Student Room Group

Putting FutureLearn MOOC on UCAS form?

So my UCAS is ready to go off but it's been sent back and I've been recommended to put my MOOC on my qualifications as I've talked about it in my personal statement. Trouble is I can't fit the title of the MOOC on the qualification title bit as there's a character limit neither can I put the university which is awarding it in the awarding body bit as it only allows one word. Any ideas?

Thank you
Hi,

This is anecdotal but I hope it helps, I wouldn't say it is necessary to put it on your qualifications if you've talked about it in your personal statement as chances are you'll be asked about it in your interview if the universities you've applied to interview.

I've had two interviews so far and both of them asked about MOOCs that I put on my personal statement and it was a good conversation starter so it's good it's in there.

As it is a MOOC I'm not sure that universities will take it into account as it is good you've done outside learning but the qualification isn't as solid as most. Or necessarily certifiable that you completed yourself

TL;DR I'd leave it out it won't change your life if it's in your PS already
Reply 2
Original post by Thediplomat56
Hi,

This is anecdotal but I hope it helps, I wouldn't say it is necessary to put it on your qualifications if you've talked about it in your personal statement as chances are you'll be asked about it in your interview if the universities you've applied to interview.

I've had two interviews so far and both of them asked about MOOCs that I put on my personal statement and it was a good conversation starter so it's good it's in there.

As it is a MOOC I'm not sure that universities will take it into account as it is good you've done outside learning but the qualification isn't as solid as most. Or necessarily certifiable that you completed yourself

TL;DR I'd leave it out it won't change your life if it's in your PS already

Ok cheers. Figured a way to put it in now actually!
Original post by Dominosh
So my UCAS is ready to go off but it's been sent back and I've been recommended to put my MOOC on my qualifications as I've talked about it in my personal statement. Trouble is I can't fit the title of the MOOC on the qualification title bit as there's a character limit neither can I put the university which is awarding it in the awarding body bit as it only allows one word. Any ideas?

Thank you

A MOOC is not a formal qualification (unless you've paid for a certificate of completion) and so shouldn't be listed in the education section of your application.
Original post by Dominosh

I know this is an old thread but if you're still on tsr, how did you manage to fit it in?
Reply 5
Original post by Terrez

How?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending