The Student Room Group

Staying awake longer then 48 hours

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mochassassin
Don't do it. Trust me, you feel absolutely horrible afterwards. 'Horrible' is an understatement. Not worth it.

^ This. It triggered my insomnia too. I've only recently got it in check because of uni but it's just not worth it, OP.

Haven't seen ya around for a while, hope you've been good m8 and soz to hear about someone passin in ur life too.
Original post by Kittyboy
Well I did reach around 60 hours. Went on dofe and couldn't sleep in my uncomfortable tent. Not going to lie peeps, I started hearing voices and saw lights.

Was it scary?
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Haven't seen ya around for a while, hope you've been good m8 and soz to hear about someone passin in ur life too.

Likewise, love! :smile:

Oh, no, sorry, I misread that. Not the passing part. Nobody died recently in my life. I'm sorry to hear it happened in yours though. :console:
Reply 23
Original post by The_Internet
Wouldnt you start hallucinating after a while?

I did when I missed two nights of sleep lol
Original post by The_Internet
Was it scary?

You reach a point where you're just too tired to care or be scared
Original post by aamirac
It feels like I never sleep.

Same :frown:
Likewise, love! :smile:

Oh, no, sorry, I misread that. Not the passing part. Nobody died recently in my life. I'm sorry to hear it happened in yours though. :console:

fanx m8 :h:
Well I did reach around 60 hours. Went on dofe and couldn't sleep in my uncomfortable tent. Not going to lie peeps, I started hearing voices and saw lights.

You must have planned an easy route then :wink:
Original post by DiddyDec
I have but not by choice. It is a draining experience.

I have but not by choice. It is a draining experience. [2]

Yep. Felt like complete crap.
Original post by jamestg
You must have planned an easy route then :wink:

lolno
lolno

When I did dofe I went to sleep literally the second my head touched the pillow and it was the biggest struggle of my life trying to wake up the next morning at 7 (to eat uncooked bacon - it wasn't worth it :colonhash:)
Reply 31
I did about 36 once. Got up at 6:30 am for Sixth Form, full day. Nightout, came back, didn't sleep and straight into a 9 hour shift... Nasty
did 56 before i collapsed at uni

i wouldnt recommend - i didnt have a choice
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't do it. Trust me, you feel absolutely horrible afterwards. 'Horrible' is an understatement. Not worth it.

^ This. It triggered my insomnia too. I've only recently got it in check because of uni but it's just not worth it, OP.

I have done a lot of all nighters in my time! Sometimes a few in aweek....
I really feel it does have future ramifications on your body. Be careful....
I get really tired easily now and I think it was because of keeping up the unhealthy lifestyle for too long. (Especially with girls-it can effect child bearing).

Stay Safe
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Preparing for the zombie apocalypse. I don't want sleep to be the thing that lets me down. How did you do it?
In all seriousness though, I've been doing some reading about sleep debt and I was wondering if it would be possible to keep staying awake 3 days at a time then getting the necessary sleep after. I mainly want to be able to stay awake that long with little difficulty.

Don't think the sleep debt thing is necessarily that credible and although if you sleep for say 5-6 hrs for a few days, if you set no alarm I find you'll sleep for more like 10+ afterwards, I don't think the idea is to have no sleep for 72 then sleep for say 24.

A better test would be having 90 minute naps every X hours instead of a prolonged period of sleep, because that actually works, albeit not sure about the long term.

Anyway I've done nearing 40, that was enough lol.
Any reason why? I stayed up for 48 hours and I nearly fainted in the shower; there's not really a plus side of doing it.
Original post by whats the matter
I have done a lot of all nighters in my time! Sometimes a few in aweek....
I really feel it does have future ramifications on your body. Be careful....
I get really tired easily now and I think it was because of keeping up the unhealthy lifestyle for too long. (Especially with girls-it can effect child bearing).

Stay Safe

Hold up, it can affect child-bearing?
Oh ****, that's it. No more all-nighters for me. :eek:
Did 48 hours once - my last A2 exam - red popping eyes and hyperness lmfao
Would NOT recommend. Hallucinations are not a fun thing neither are the different stages of sleep deprivation where you utter complete nonsense and have short term memory less.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sort of did 48 hours for A Level results day, it was an absolutely terrible idea, do not do it.

Quick Reply

Latest