The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Middlesbrough through on penalties at Old Trafford, not quite as big as our 2-0 there in 2007 :P
Top of the league still with the Hamlet, how long for is a different story. Not as much for the drop in form.

Tonbridge have 5 games in hand, 3 points behind us.

This weekend should be fun, a Halloween cup tie at Harrow Borough. Harroween.
What must have I done in a previous life to deserve supporting Leeds United? I must be Fred West reincarnate.
Original post by The Wavefunction
What must have I done in a previous life to deserve supporting Leeds United? I must be Fred West reincarnate.

You don't think you'll get relegated though do you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
You don't think you'll get relegated though do you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly don't know, I'm finding it hard to care at the moment.
I honestly don't know, I'm finding it hard to care at the moment.

Cellino has confirmed he will sell a majority stake to the fans. Wish SISU would give us the same luxury.
Original post by Midlander
Cellino has confirmed he will sell a majority stake to the fans. Wish SISU would give us the same luxury.

So how will that affect the club then ? Who will run it ? Players wages ect
Original post by redleader1
So how will that affect the club then ? Who will run it ? Players wages ect

No idea but it is clear there will have to be some wealthy fans out there or some cutbacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's a long way to go before "Leeds fans United" takeover this club. Where the financial backing will come from I have no idea.
A club run by the fans, for the fans is great in principle but any division where millions are needed to run a club it seems unlikely.

Think it's just being used as shop window technique to get a genuine buyer.
There's a long way to go before "Leeds fans United" takeover this club. Where the financial backing will come from I have no idea.
A club run by the fans, for the fans is great in principle but any division where millions are needed to run a club it seems unlikely.

What happens untill you get a genuine buyer ? Who will take care of the finances ect. Do you think you'll get someone decent.

It's not quite anyone but Cellino, but let's hope the club is sold before too long. Robert Mugabe would pass the Director and Owner's test so for Mr Cellino to fail says he is a bad man in my view.

In a way the Leeds problems go back years, and the fact that Ken Bates was seen almost as an average person says a lot.

Let's hope that Blackpool's owners can go soon- the convicted sex offender Mr Oyston senior should not be allowed anywhere near a football club.
Original post by Tony_LeaS
Top of the league still with the Hamlet, how long for is a different story. Not as much for the drop in form.

Tonbridge have 5 games in hand, 3 points behind us.

This weekend should be fun, a Halloween cup tie at Harrow Borough. Harroween.

A Dulwich Hamlet fan? It's the only professional football club pitch I have ever kicked a ball about on, one afternoon at a beer festival. Left the beer in the dugout!
Original post by barnetlad
A Dulwich Hamlet fan? It's the only professional football club pitch I have ever kicked a ball about on, one afternoon at a beer festival. Left the beer in the dugout!

Semi professional, we wish we were at the level of professional! As for your beer festival, you sure that wasn't just a normal fixture? Half our fans are suffering alcoholics I feel with the amount of alcohol we sell from the bar.
First win against QPR in over 50 years. So pleased.
Ramsey Out
Brighton fan here! UTA
I am off to watch Sheffield Wednesday v Nottingham Forest later.

Sucks being a fan of a failing club right? I look at the likes of Bournemouth and Southampton who have gone up through the leagues and wish we were still up there.
Original post by ..DT..
Sucks being a fan of a failing club right? I look at the likes of Bournemouth and Southampton who have gone up through the leagues and wish we were still up there.

Being 19, failure is the only thing I really know with Leeds. The moment I started realising what Leeds was and meant to me we went into serious decline. It's f***ing horrible.
FC United of Manchester being forced by the FA to charge a minimum price for their FA Cup tie and have it on tv is wrong in my opinion. Not sure if minimum pricing is within UK law.

Quick Reply

Latest