Scroll to see replies

money.
تعلم اللغة العربية، فمن الجميل

Learn arabic it's beautiful
Original post by King Mal
ahlan wa shalan.

what?
Original post by beyknowles2
"the British accent"? what is that though? I'm from the west midlands (of england) and we sure speak completely differently to, say, Londoners, or Scousers, or Geordies.

You see, it seems like a lot of people outside of the UK (at least in the US) don't realize that people in different parts of the UK have different accents... it's kind of funny though, once one of our teachers showed us a video, and the accent was British, but it sounded a bit different, and one of my friends was like... "Is that an Australian accent?" And I just look at her like, have you ever even heard an Australian accent? That's not even close to an Australian accent (I live in the US btw lol)
Original post by Mal Baadshah
Whatever the teletubbies are speaking.

Oh my god stahp :'D
Original post by saeed97
Wow thats really cool.
Im not as varied as you because by blood im an israelite (not to be confused with an israeli) but for simplicity sake i just call myself an arab.

You mean Arabs who lived in the region where Israel currently is? It's not the same as Arab? That's interesting
that language somalians speak
its bre raw and aggressive
Arabic
Spanish
London Slang
Original post by jedanselemyia
You mean Arabs who lived in the region where Israel currently is? It's not the same as Arab? That's interesting

No, as in im an israelite by blood not arab (though we are semetic twins and look a lot alike). Im a descendant of the jewish tribes of the north of yemen. We were also known as the yemenites (hebraic yemenis), i probably have little to no arab blood in me but a couple of centuries ago we let go of our jewish ties and became more arab in culture and faith.
Original post by aamirac
Oh right. I speak Gujarati. Understand basic Spanish and I'm currently learning Classical Arabic.

:five: Whoo! Hello fellow Gujju.
Original post by saeed97
No, as in im an israelite by blood not arab (though we are semetic twins and look a lot alike). Im a descendant of the jewish tribes of the north of yemen. We were also known as the yemenites (hebraic yemenis), i probably have little to no arab blood in me but a couple of centuries ago we let go of our jewish ties and became more arab in culture and faith.

Oh wow! :O
So in that respect do you feel more Jewish or Arab? Do you speak Hebrew and Arabic?
Sarcasm. It always show the true inner person.
Pashto and German, because I speak both and I think they sound nice. I also have to admit Spanish and Arabic sound beautiful too, I need to learn them :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yavanna
You see, it seems like a lot of people outside of the UK (at least in the US) don't realize that people in different parts of the UK have different accents... it's kind of funny though, once one of our teachers showed us a video, and the accent was British, but it sounded a bit different, and one of my friends was like... "Is that an Australian accent?" And I just look at her like, have you ever even heard an Australian accent? That's not even close to an Australian accent (I live in the US btw lol)

To be fair, it's similar here. Ask a Brit to do an American accent and they either assume 'hillybilly' or 'valley girl', nothing else. I'm very interested in accents hence I always do correct people when they dispute the wide range of accents around the US.

Language wise, Chinese just sounds so great to me.
(Not including languages I can speak/understand)

Spanish, Pashto and Arabic sound nice imo.
Original post by jedanselemyia
Oh wow! :O
So in that respect do you feel more Jewish or Arab? Do you speak Hebrew and Arabic?

Na, like i said our tribe cut off all jewish ties a few centuries ago, we all speak arabic and are classed as arabs, none of us are Jewish and none of us speak hebrew.
Korean and Arabic 👌🏽👌🏽
Original post by saeed97
Wow thats really cool.
Im not as varied as you because by blood im an israelite (not to be confused with an israeli) but for simplicity sake i just call myself an arab.

Is that your tattoo?

lol nope seen it on tumblr, don't think i'd get a tattoo tbh, theres alot of controversy about it..
Original post by cookiemunch
lol nope seen it on tumblr, don't think i'd get a tattoo tbh, theres alot of controversy about it..

Do you know what the tattoo says?
Original post by saeed97
Do you know what the tattoo says?

Something about "..i got to know you, then you changed.."

Are you considering getting it?

Quick Reply

Latest