The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Had enough of uni

I'm a mature student on a healthcare related course. I live 90 minutes away from uni, sometimes longer on bad transport days. The journey is doing my head in! I feel completely disengaged from the course and come home and cry regularly. I used to have a good job so I'm thinking of just going back to a similar job and I'm already interviewing.

Just feel so confused about what to do. I've had one counselling session at uni but there is a two week waiting list for another. I've missed several days where I've been sick, mainly due to anxiety.

My tutor isn't approachable at all. I feel really alone at the moment :frown:
Could you try transferring university to one closer to home? If they have a similar course you might even be able to transfer directly into second year depending on your grades in first.
can't you get closer accommodation?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a mature student on a healthcare related course. I live 90 minutes away from uni, sometimes longer on bad transport days. The journey is doing my head in! I feel completely disengaged from the course and come home and cry regularly. I used to have a good job so I'm thinking of just going back to a similar job and I'm already interviewing.

Just feel so confused about what to do. I've had one counselling session at uni but there is a two week waiting list for another. I've missed several days where I've been sick, mainly due to anxiety.

My tutor isn't approachable at all. I feel really alone at the moment :frown:

Hey - Pm me, I'll help you
Reply 4
A good way to start would be seeing your GP. If anxiety is causing you to miss days of your course then whatever kind of treatment you're getting (if any) is not doing its job.

As for the long commute, I know how you feel and was in an almost identical situation to you. Is there any way you could take public transport, then use the extra time for course related work on your way to and from?

If you haven't clicked with your tutor, is there a pastoral support/student support organisation within your uni? I would bet that there is, and this is exactly the thing they can help you with.

HTH

Latest