The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by TheSecondDegree
When is your Brighton interview? Mine is on the 25th.

Hi mines 25th to I'm so nervous about the tests and the five stations I really want this uni
Wow, we'll be in on the same day.

Have you practiced the numeracy paper they give you? If you do that so you are confident in answering all of them, and read through the paper they provided (online) and the 6 C's you should be fine.

What is your back ground/experience?

I'm an 'older' applicant, I'm 33, and third time of applying! Last year I got the interview but I didn't get in by a hair.
Reply 382

Have you practiced the numeracy paper they give you? If you do that so you are confident in answering all of them, and read through the paper they provided (online) and the 6 C's you should be fine.

I'm an 'older' applicant, I'm 33, and third time of applying! Last year I got the interview but I didn't get in by a hair.

Thanks I'm going to be going through everything every day till the interview. Me I'm 27i haven't got any hospital experience I did try. I've worked as a nursery nurse in private nurseries, I was brown owl at my brownie unit, I'm hoping to work with the princes trust there looking for a volunteer place for me and I work at primark cash office working overtime in the children's department. I haven't got any real experience tbh I had a interview for Swansea last year and was told I had no experience at all that was right for nursing, safe to say I didn't really know how to respond I felt silly
Reply 383

I hope its third time lucky for you 😊
Brighton are both strict and liberal when it comes to applicants in that they are insistent you need recent academic experience and voluntary work is like gold dust but they are liberal in that if you really show you are passionate and caring enough to make a good nurse they can overlook some of the things you may be missing - such as nursing experiences.

You must have made a good impression on your personal statement though, because you got an interview. You're half way there!

Where abouts do you live? Would you have to move if you got in?
Hi Guys, I've applied for MH Nursing at Leeds Uni, Leeds Beckett, Manchester, Bradford and Huddersfield.
Leeds Beckett rejected me last week because I don't have relevant MH work experience and I have an interview for Manchester on the 2nd of December.
Has anyone else applied for any of the same unis and has anyone heard back?
I've applied for Hallam, uni of Leeds, Beckett and Huddersfield but not heard from any other than general answers to my questions 😔
Hi all, I've had a quick scan through this forum and can see a few of you have applied for, or thinking about, the University of Bradford. With this in mind, if any of you have any specific concerns or queries relating to our Nursing courses please get in touch - happy to help where possible :smile:
Just got an email inviting me to the selection day at Uni of Liverpool! so happy, has anyone else got one?😄😄😄
Reply 389
Hi, I finally sent my application off yesterday for children's nursing, and I have been invited to a selection test at Wolverhampton university which is basically a maths and English test, was wondering if anyone else has been invited :smile:
Reply 390
Original post by ciaracross
Just got an email inviting me to the selection day at Uni of Liverpool! so happy, has anyone else got one?😄😄😄

well done and good luck!! I got an email from Wolverhampton inviting me to their selection day, I only sent my application off yesterday!!!
Ugh. Cmon Leeds, Beckett, Hallam and Hudds!

Has anyone had an offer past 5 on a Friday lol? Getting desperate here!
Original post by Tab19
well done and good luck!! I got an email from Wolverhampton inviting me to their selection day, I only sent my application off yesterday!!!

thank you! you too! that's so good, especially considering you only sent your application off yesterday!😊
My application has been unsuccessful to greenwich for child nursing, this happened last year as well, I don't understand why they keep rejecting me when my grades are higher than the requirements too. I really wanted to go to this Uni!!! :frown:
MY selection day is coming up soon. Could you please tell me what numeracy and literacy was like at Greenwich.. Esp Numeracy.. Thanks! Any form of help will be well appreciated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KingK16
My application has been unsuccessful to greenwich for child nursing, this happened last year as well, I don't understand why they keep rejecting me when my grades are higher than the requirements too. I really wanted to go to this Uni!!! :frown:

Could you email them and ask for feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
Could you email them and ask for feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know which email I should use as there are so many! hmm Im nervous other Uni's are gonna decline my application too! :colone:
Original post by KingK16
I don't know which email I should use as there are so many! hmm Im nervous other Uni's are gonna decline my application too! :colone:

What did you talk about on your personal statement? Because that is what it comes down to if your grades are at the asking rate.
What did you talk about on your personal statement? Because that is what it comes down to if your grades are at the asking rate.

My PS was pretty decent, like how I actually started being interested in the nursing field and the specific branch, how my placements helped me gain many skills that is needed for a nurse: I included all the diff points from what I learned from my course and everything.
I sent them an email, well I hope they'll give me a reason.
Original post by KingK16
My PS was pretty decent, like how I actually started being interested in the nursing field and the specific branch, how my placements helped me gain many skills that is needed for a nurse: I included all the diff points from what I learned from my course and everything.
I sent them an email, well I hope they'll give me a reason.

Did you get other people's opinions on your ps as well? I found that to be really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending