The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if your parents' occupation has any bearing on their final decision?

Also my predicted were AAA and ukcat-577 :frown:
How do you find out if your area of residence is eligible?

Predicted A*A*A*A*
UKCAT 610

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yung7up
How do you find out if your area of residence is eligible?

Predicted A*A*A*A*
UKCAT 610

Posted from TSR Mobile

Email them
Or call them
They'll check using their postcode checker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Darab_1496
Does anyone know if your parents' occupation has any bearing on their final decision?

Also my predicted were AAA and ukcat-577 :frown:

I don't think so.
I believe it depends on the income he/she gets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Email them
Or call them
They'll check using their postcode checker

Posted from TSR Mobile

I definitely hit 2 of the 6 criteria and the area is the one I'm unsure on so need to double check that. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yung7up
I definitely hit 2 of the 6 criteria and the area is the one I'm unsure on so need to double check that. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can enter your postcode in the multiple deprivation index and it shows you the % deprivation. I believe if is below 20% then you are eligible (im not 100% on this, check with @Neostigmine). However it is best to call and ask.
Actually, it depends on the university.
My postcode was eligible for this programme but not Nottinghams medicine programme so you will have to call.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 427
This might sound like a silly question but.. Is extra consideration given to those who meet more than 3 of the criteria? So if I only meet 3 but someone else meets like 5 do they have a better chance at getting in?
Is the postcode the one you sent on UCAS? Or can you use a previous one?
Original post by Cpie21
This might sound like a silly question but.. Is extra consideration given to those who meet more than 3 of the criteria? So if I only meet 3 but someone else meets like 5 do they have a better chance at getting in?

Nope. Everyone is reviewed equally as long as they meet 3 of the requirements :smile:.
Reply 430
Original post by yung7up

It has to be the one you stated on UCAS. I emailed their admissions and the lady checked to see if my postcode was eligible.I'd suggest to do this as some universities use different tools to assess postcodes so best to be sure!
Original post by qwerty123A
Nope. Everyone is reviewed equally as long as they meet 3 of the requirements :smile:.

Thank you!
Do they consider household income/parent occupation as a criteria or just as 'sub' criteria?
Original post by yung7up

UCAS only afaik

Original post by qwerty123A
You can enter your postcode in the multiple deprivation index and it shows you the % deprivation. I believe if is below 20% then you are eligible (im not 100% on this, check with @Neostigmine). However it is best to call and ask.

Pretty much!
Do we email it back to the email address that they've sent us the email from?
😂😂 does that even make sense lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we need to fill in section B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 435
Are people filling in the form in word?
Original post by drjay24
Are people filling in the form in word?

If I remember correctly it said you had to fill it in with pen, then scan it and email it back to them.
Original post by Bloom77
Do we email it back to the email address that they've sent us the email from?
😂😂 does that even make sense lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SaphBruh
Do we need to fill in section B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you currently go to school, yes you do. If you are a gap year student, then no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
If you currently go to school, yes you do. If you are a gap year student, then no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh alright

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending