The Student Room Group

Brunel or NTU or Bradford or UWM

Which one should I go for from the below? Feedbacks are also appreciated.

1. Brunel - MBA in Aviation(I did my UG in aeronautics)
2. NTU - MSc in Management and International Business
3. NTU - MSc in Management and Entrepreneurship
4. Bradford - Accelerated MBA
5. University of Westminster - MSc in Air Transport Planning and Management

I would love to move into aviation sector somehow.
Reply 1
Original post by s0vvy_blu3s

Anyone???
Hi there,I don’t study Msc Air Transport Planning and Management at the University of Westminster, but I am studying an MA in Marketing Communications, so if you have any questions about the university in general, I am happy to help. Transport Planning and Management is taught at the Marylebone campus, which is also where I am based for classes. I am aware of a postgrad information evening coming up on 11 November [link], if you wanted to come along and see the campus for yourself? You will also be able to speak to academics from the department and also the admissions team, if you'd like. Let me know if you have any questions! :smile:Susana
Reply 3
Hey... Thanks for helping me out... I'm currently in India... So visiting the campus would not be possible for now... Anyway, how is the university setting like? And the reputation and job prospects. You can say as a general westminster student... :smile:

Hey, it's great to see that you're considering our Accelerated MBA course. This unique course is the first of its kind in the UK and is designed for the most highly motivated and committed students, offering you the chance to complete the Bradford MBA in just 10 months.

You’ll complete the taught section of the MBA in seven months and you then have the flexibility to complete the Management Project in the final three months either in Bradford or back in the workplace.

If you would like any specific information about the course, University or City please do let me know. Best of luck with your decision :smile:
Reply 5
Hi,

Thanks for helping me out. Which subject areas are mostly researched upon by students at Bradford? I would love to get into aviation field at sone point in the future. Anything related to that are available? I would also love to carry out my phd course if there is a good opportunity.
How much work experience do you have OP?
Reply 7
4 years...

If you dont mind me asking... Whats OP? :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

Thanks for helping me out. Which subject areas are mostly researched upon by students at Bradford? I would love to get into aviation field at sone point in the future. Anything related to that are available? I would also love to carry out my phd course if there is a good opportunity.

A research degree gives you the opportunity to determine your own field of study - which may fall into one of our three pillars of research activity:

Advanced healthcare
Innovative engineering and manufacturing
Sustainable societies

Given your area of interest you may find it useful visiting the Research section on the Faculty of Engineering's website - http://www.bradford.ac.uk/ei/engineering/research/

If you have any further queries or concerns please do get in touch :smile:
All of these degrees are worthless. Don't waste your money.
Original post by computerkid1011
All of these degrees are worthless. Don't waste your money.

I think we can safely ignore this post.
Reply 11
Original post by University of Bradford
A research degree gives you the opportunity to determine your own field of study - which may fall into one of our three pillars of research activity:

Advanced healthcare
Innovative engineering and manufacturing
Sustainable societies

Given your area of interest you may find it useful visiting the Research section on the Faculty of Engineering's website - http://www.bradford.ac.uk/ei/engineering/research/

If you have any further queries or concerns please do get in touch :smile:

Great... I'll check it out...
4 years...

If you dont mind me asking... Whats OP? :biggrin:

Original Post(er)

I was asking because accredited MBAs (including the Bradford and Brunel courses you mention in this thread) require 3+ years of work experience. This filters out new graduates and results in a course cohort with more experiences to share and learn from.

MSc in Management degrees tend to be aimed at people who don't have sufficient experience to get accepted onto an accredited MBA. If you've got 4 years experience and were looking at a general business degree (or one with a focus on aviation) then the MBAs you mention look like good quality options.

An MBA is very different to a PhD though, so make sure you do plenty of research!
Reply 13
Original post by Duncan2012
I think we can safely ignore this post.

Anyways, I have 4 years of IT experience... I was working in data warehousing... My role was similar to that of a Business Analyst... I create reports based on business requirements...
Reply 14
Original Post(er)

I was asking because accredited MBAs (including the Bradford and Brunel courses you mention in this thread) require 3+ years of work experience. This filters out new graduates and results in a course cohort with more experiences to share and learn from.

MSc in Management degrees tend to be aimed at people who don't have sufficient experience to get accepted onto an accredited MBA. If you've got 4 years experience and were looking at a general business degree (or one with a focus on aviation) then the MBAs you mention look like good quality options.

An MBA is very different to a PhD though, so make sure you do plenty of research!

Phd is on my longterm plan... Probably after three or four more years...
Are you sure you want to do an MBA so early in your career? It will not offer you anything and probably the courses will be low level. An MSc will be more suitable I think.
Reply 16
Yep I'm pretty sure...
Original post by alexkol
Are you sure you want to do an MBA so early in your career? It will not offer you anything and probably the courses will be low level. An MSc will be more suitable I think.

What have you got against MBAs? The courses discussed in this thread are AMBA accredited which require 3 years work experience - the OP has 4. Care to back up your statement that the courses 'will not offer you anything and will be low level'?
What have you got against MBAs? The courses discussed in this thread are AMBA accredited which require 3 years work experience - the OP has 4. Care to back up your statement that the courses 'will not offer you anything and will be low level'?

I thought he didn't have experience. My bad.
Hey... Thanks for helping me out... I'm currently in India... So visiting the campus would not be possible for now... Anyway, how is the university setting like? And the reputation and job prospects. You can say as a general westminster student... :smile:

Hi there,

Thanks for considering our Air Transport Planning and Management MSc course.

This course is for graduates seeking to gain greater knowledge and experience of the air transport industry, and looking to progress into senior roles in management, operations and commercial planning of airlines, airports, government departments and aviation-related businesses.

The course is taught flexibly to enable international students to travel efficiently to London several times a year.Hope this helps and please contact me for further course information.

Patrick :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending